2017: Grand Tour of Turkey (6720)
13 days from Istanbul to Istanbul
ISTANBUL Grand Halic Hotel (F)CANAKKALE Buyuk Truva (ST)KUSADASI Marina (ST)DENIZLI AREA Herakles Hotel (ST) at PamukkaleKONYA Pasapark (F)CAPPADOCIA Altinyazi (F)ANKARA Radisson Blu (F)BURSA Almira (F)
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13320808
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Istanbul||Check into your hotel. In the evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Canakkale||Drive along the Sea of Marmara to Gallipoli on the European side of the Dardanelles. Time to visit the ANZAC CEMETERY and the site of the World War I battle. Then, a short FERRY crossing to Asia Minor. Overnight in Canakkale. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Kusadasi||Visit the remains of Homer's legendary TROY, then south to the lovely Bay of Edremit, with distant views of the island of Lesbos. Through forests of pine, oak, and valonia, head for Izmir, where an orientation drive includes the bustling Karsiyaka tourist district. On to Kusadasi. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Kusadasi||Enjoy your charming modern resort, located between ancient Ephesus and Priene and blessed with a delightful climate and white-sand beaches. Optional excursions are available to the Roman/Greek archaeological site of Ephesus and to the Virgin Mary House. (B)|
|Day 5||Denizli||Once past Aydin, you enter what is known as the 'Greek Meander,' the most fertile region in Turkey. Visit the ancient site of APHRODISIAS, scattered around the village of Geyre. From Denizli, drive north to view extraordinary Pamukkale with its Cotton Castle and the ancient site of HIERAPOLIS. Overnight in the Denizli area. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Konya||Eastwards to Dinar and then past Lake Acigol, surrounded by cherry gardens and opium fields. Bask in the splendid mountain scenery on the way to Konya. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Cappadocia||Continue into the great central plateau that separates Konya from Cappadocia, stopping to visit the great SULTANHANI CARAVANSERAI. In Goreme, enjoy an included afternoon excursion to the amazing ROCK CHAPELS carved by early Christians. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Cappadocia||Time to absorb the lunar landscapes on your own, or optional sightseeing in the spectacular Cappadocia area. Admire the large natural amphitheater bounded by almost-vertical cliffs that house monastic buildings, churches, and underground retreats. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Ankara||North today to Ankara. Enjoy an orientation drive of the Turkish capital. Afternoon optional excursions are available to see some of the capital's highlights. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Bursa||From Ankara, travel into the ancient kingdom of Phrygia to Gordion, where, according to legend, Alexander the Great cut the proverbial knot. Visit KING MIDAS' TOMB. On to historic Bursa in the shadow of the Olympus of Mysia, famous for its Great Mosque, covered bazaar, and silk market. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Istanbul||A morning drive to the shores of the Sea of Marmara, then take a FERRY across the Bay of Izmit to Istanbul. This afternoon, included sightseeing features visits to the ROMAN HIPPODROME and the BLUE MOSQUE. Tonight, take advantage of the optional dinner outing in Istanbul. (B)|
|Day 12||Istanbul||Markets, peddlers, and stalls selling almonds, pistachios, iced drinks, and black coffee-you'll find Istanbul's atmosphere irresistible. The view of the city at dusk with its 600 mosques and the Bosporus is unforgettable. Optional possibilities are a morning excursion by private boat on the Bosporus and in the afternoon, the Historical Istanbul tour. (B)|
|Day 13||Istanbul||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $400No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Istanbul:in single room $135, in twin $80, in triple $652018 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2017.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).