On this Splendors of Italy tour, you'll spend six nights in Milan with leisure time to explore the city and excursions to Venice, Turin, and Florence. In each of these cities, you'll have a guided tour of the must-see attractions. In Milan, your sightseeing includes a visit to the magnificent Sforzesco Castle grounds and museum; the glass-domed Galleria, with its designer shops and famous cafes; and more. Among the many sights in Venice, visit St. Mark's Basilica; Doges' Palace, with its gothic architecture; and the Bridge of Sighs, built in the 17th century. Leisure time in the city gives you the opportunity to take an optional gondola ride or perhaps to sit in St. Mark's Square for prime people watching. In Turin, the birthplace of the Fiat car, you'll walk through the historic center, enjoy lunch at Eataly, and visit the 18th-century Basilica of Superga, home to the tombs of many princes and kings of the House of Savoy. Among the many attractions you will see in Florence, you'll visit the Academy of Fine Arts to see Michelangelo's David and enjoy a guided walking tour through the historic center. It's not enough to just visit these cities and their sights. You want to hear their histories, their secrets, and their stories. Throughout this Italy tour, you'll be accompanied by a Tour Director and Local Guides from the areas-people who can bring these destinations to life with in-depth, firsthand knowledge of the sights, history, secrets, and stories. They may even teach you a little Italian if you wish! What more could you ask for in a vacation to Italy?
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13329178
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Milan||Welcome to Milan! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner with wine at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Milan||In the morning, enjoy a walking tour with a Local Guide. Start with a visit to the Sforzesco Castle grounds and Museum. Then, visit DUOMO SQUARE with its magnificent gothic Duomo, the glass-domed GALLERIA, and admire the famous La Scala Opera House. This afternoon, you may wish to join an optional excursion to nearby Lake Como for a relaxing boat cruise. (B)|
|Day 3||Milan||Board the HIGH-SPEED TRAIN and arrive in Venice, where you will enjoy a VIP entrance: [LF] PRIVATE WATER-TAXIS will transfer you to ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Meet your Local Guide for a walking tour through the city of romantics: visit ST. MARK'S BASILICA, DOGES' PALACE and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Then, watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Time at leisure; an optional gondola ride is available before returning by private water taxis, this time sailing through the GRAND CANAL to the railway station for your train ride back to Milan. (B)|
|Day 4||Milan||A comfortable journey this morning takes you to Turin, capital of Piedmont and birthplace of the Fiat car. Enjoy an orientation drive and admire the Mole Antonelliana, symbol of Turin, and walk through the historic center to the cathedral that houses the Holy Shroud. Time to explore on your own before heading for [LF] EATALY, the first of its kind, where your voucher allows you to choose lunch. Before returning to Milan, visit the amazing 18th-century BASILICA OF SUPERGA, spectacularly located on a hill. The basilica houses the tombs of many princes and kings of the House of Savoy. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Milan||Board the HIGH-SPEED TRAIN and arrive in Florence. Follow your Local Guide for a walking tour through the historic center. Visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS to admire Michelangelo's David, see the Duomo, the Baptistry with the 'Gate of Paradise,' and Giotto's Bell Tower, visit sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and end at SANTA CROCE SQUARE, where [LF] a special lunch with pizza, wine, and, of course, gelato awaits you at Finisterrae restaurant. Time to shop for leather and gold, for which the city is famous, before transferring to the railway station to return to Milan. (B,L)|
|Day 6||Milan||A full day at leisure to explore the city at your own pace. This evening, a special farewell dinner has been prepared for you at a local restaurant, the proper way to say arrivederci, Italia. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$493Triple room reduction per person:$120Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $217, in twin $130, in triple $101
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).