2018: Discover Saxony (6000)
8 days from Berlin to Berlin
BERLIN City East Berlin (ST) or Holiday Inn Express City Centre (ST)DRESDEN NH Neustadt (F)
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482233
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Berlin||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the German capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Dresden||On this morning's included guided sightseeing, learn how the city is no longer divided but every bit as fascinating. Once the city of contrasts with its West and East sides separated into two different worlds by a wall, Berlin has developed into a harmonious blend of old and new. It has preserved the old buildings, such as the State Opera House and Brandenburg Gate; its neoclassic-style boulevards, such as the Kurfurstendamm and Unter den Linden; and it has created brand new buildings in the most daring, modern architectural styles. Once again, Berlin is Germany's capital and one of Europe's most lively and interesting cities. Consider joining an optional tour to further explore this city before heading towards Dresden. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Dresden||Situated near the Czech border, Dresden was long hailed as the 'Jewel Box' because of its opulent rococo and baroque city center overflowing with grand architecture, impressive museums, orchestras of worldwide reputation, and notable art treasures. Capital of Saxony and the third-largest city in East Germany, it suffered heavy Allied bombing in February 1945, but has restored its baroque splendor over the decades. This morning's guided tour of Dresden starts with a visit to the newly rebuilt CHURCH OF OUR LADY FRAUENKIRCHE, featuring one of the largest domes in Europe, and ZWINGER PALACE, which originally served as the orangery, exhibition gallery, and festival arena of the Dresden Court. This afternoon, travel along the riverbanks of the Elbe to Meissen, 'Cradle of Saxony' and home to fantastic fairytale architecture. Due to the extensive deposits of china clay and potter's clay in the area, Meissen is also renowned for its fine porcelain. Production of Meissen porcelain dates back to 1710 and was the first high-quality porcelain manufactured outside the Orient. Visit the MEISSEN PORCELAIN WORKSHOP for insight into the history, art, and creation of this elegant pottery. (B)|
|Day 4||Dresden||Visit two of Thuringia's most famous towns today. First is Erfurt with its richly decorated renaissance residences, known as the Blumenstadt, 'City of Flowers.' Human settlement here dates to prehistoric times, and the city attracted important figures throughout history, including Luther, Goethe, Schiller, and Bach, to name just a few. Next, stop in Weimar, hub of German Enlightenment and an influential cultural center. This is where Germany's first democratic constitution was signed, giving rise to the historical period known as the Weimar Republic. It was also birthplace of the Bauhaus architectural movement in the 1920s. Before returning to Dresden, consider joining an optional excursion to the former Buchenwald Concentration Camp. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Dresden||A day to discover Dresden on your own, or consider joining an optional excursion to Colditz Castle, a renaissance castle overlooking the town, river, and lush surrounding forests. Its grandeur conceals its surprising history as a high-security POW camp during WWII for Allied officers who had repeatedly escaped other camps. Later, head for Torgau, where U.S. and Soviet forces met up during the 'East Meets West' invasion of Germany in 1945. (B)|
|Day 6||Dresden||An important trade city dating back to the Holy Roman Empire, Leipzig grew into a major European center of culture and learning, and was a hub for great composers such as Bach, Wagner, Schumann, and Mendelssohn. It is home to an appealing renaissance Old Town, baroque-period trading houses and residences of rich merchants, and St. Nicholas Church, the site of peaceful demonstrations against communist rule in 1989. Leipzig is also known for its automobile industry. Why not place an order for your next car during the included visit to the PORSCHE FACTORY? (B,D)|
|Day 7||Berlin||Today, we head north to visit Potsdam, one of Germany's major centers of science and learning since the 19th century. The city rose to international prominence in the summer of 1945 as host site of the Potsdam Conference, where Allied victors Harry Truman, Winston Churchill, and Joseph Stalin gathered at Cecilienhof Palace to decide the future of Germany and post-war Europe. Visit SANSSOUCI Palace & Gardens, former summer palace of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia. Meaning 'without worries,' this UNESCO World Heritage Site is often considered a German rival of France's lavish Palace of Versailles. See the 'Bridge of Spies' (Glienicke Bridge), which inspired the 2015 Spielberg movie about the exchange of spies during the Cold War. Return to Berlin for an overnight. (B)|
|Day 8||Berlin||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $350No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Berlin:in single room $82-$88, in twin $48-$55, in triple $43-$55
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).