This is the perfect vacation for travelers who want to learn more about the culture, food, and traditions of Northern Italy. You'll spend two nights in Milan, Parma, Rapallo, and Turin, and an overnight in Lucca. You'll enjoy an orientation of Lucca, a quaint medieval town with ramparts, and guided sightseeing in Milan, Parma, and Turin. But that's not all?this Northern Italy & Cinque Terre tour offers much more! Globus has arranged out-of-the-ordinary experiences, so you can truly enjoy some of Italy's gastronomic delights. You'll partake in a balsamic vinegar tasting near Modena, a parmesan cheese tasting in Busseto, a risotto lunch at a rice factory in Vercelli, and a wine tasting in Gabiano. Stop in Maranello, the birthplace of the Ferrari car, and visit the Ferrari Gallery. A tour highlight is Cinque Terre, the name given to five medieval villages on the sea. The area is noted for its natural beauty with terraces built into the rocky cliffs that drop down into the sea. Delight in the unique charm of the area and take in the breathtaking views. Words cannot describe the magic and spectacular scenery-you must witness it in person. You're sure to arrive back home from this Northern Italy and Cinque Terre tour with lots of photos and stories-an unforgettable and unique vacation experience!
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482936
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Milan||Welcome to Milan! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner with wine at Calafuria Unione restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Parma||In the morning, enjoy a walking tour with a Local Guide. Start with a visit to the SFORZESCO CASTLE GROUNDS and MUSEUM. Then, visit DUOMO SQUARE with its magnificent gothic Duomo, the glass-domed GALLERIA, and admire the famous La Scala Opera House. Stop at Busseto to see Giuseppe Verdi's birthplace, and on your way to Parma, world-famous for its ham and parmesan cheese, stop for [LF] a PARMESAN CHEESE TASTING at a local caseificio. Later, for food lovers, an optional excursion to an original ham factory is available. (B)|
|Day 3||Parma||Your guided sightseeing will focus on the Romanesque cathedral, the bell tower, and the octagonal baptistry, made of pink Verona marble. Next, [LF] enjoy a BALSAMIC VINEGAR TASTING near Modena, and learn all about this typical Italian product. Continue to nearby Maranello, birthplace of the Ferrari automobile, for [LF] an exciting visit to the FERRARI MUSEUM. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 4||Lucca||In Lucca, enjoy a walk through this quaint medieval town with its ramparts, and spend time in its pretty center. To enhance your stay, an optional dinner outing to an agriturismo is available to try out Tuscan specialties. (B)|
|Day 5||Rapallo||A scenic day! Drive to La Spezia on the Mediterranean Coast for your exciting excursion to CINQUE TERRE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including a BOAT RIDE (weather permitting) with a Local Guide. The name dates back to the 15th century and is derived from five medieval little villages standing on stony spurs along five miles of the rocky coastline: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. From here, enjoy a TRAIN RIDE to the beautiful seaside resort of Rapallo. (B)|
|Day 6||Rapallo||Today's highlight is a BOAT CRUISE to nearby Portofino, a small fishing village with brightly colored houses that became home to the 'rich and famous.' Later, back in Rapallo, time to relax and to browse through the attractive little shops. (B)|
|Day 7||Turin||Enter the Langhe area and drive through the vineyards to Gabiano, where [LF] a WINE TASTING, followed by lunch, awaits you at Castello di Gabiano before continuing to Turin, capital of Piedmont and birthplace of the Fiat automobile. This evening you may wish to try out one of Turin's restaurants. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Turin||During your sightseeing with a Local Guide, admire the amazing 548-foot-high Mole Antonelliana, symbol of Turin, and walk through the historic center to visit the CATHEDRAL that houses the Holy Shroud. (B)|
|Day 9||Milan||Stop in Vercelli [LF] to visit an original RICE FACTORY, and enjoy a risotto lunch before returning to Milan. This evening, a special farewell dinner with wine awaits you at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your Italian vacation. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $448Triple room reduction per person: $85Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $139-$335, in twin $90-$171, in triple $76-$162
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).