Brochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718
With the zest of a large city and the heart of a little village, Paris reveals its secrets to a select few. See the City of Lights as it has never been seen before - the hidden courtyards and charming 'arrondissements', each with their own distinct personality. You'll also witness the opulence of Versailles and sample French flavours fit for royalty.
- Insider walking tour in Paris with a Local Specialist
- Orientation tour in Paris
- View the Champs Elysees, Paris Opera House, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde, Notre Dame Cathedral
- Visit the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet "Le Petit Hameau", ascend to second floor of the Eiffel Tower, the "village" of Montmartre, the Latin Quarter and the shopping district of Paris
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 Regional Meal lunch
- 1 Parisian Brasserie voucher
- 2 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495189
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Arrive Paris (7 Nights): Welcome to Paris, capital of France and the City of Light. After check-in to your hotel - the ideal spot for your exploration of this magnificent city, you can relax or take a stroll in the local neighbourhood. This afternoon meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers to attend a Welcome Reception in the heart of the city.Welcome Reception|
Novotel Tour Eiffel
|Day 2||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and At Leisure: This morning after a leisurely start, your Travel Director takes you on a tour of this mesmerising city for views of the Champs Élysées, Arc de Triomphe and Place de la Concorde. Your Local Specialist reveals not just where, but how real Parisians live and shop, showing you the enchanting hidden squares and secret passages of one of Paris' oldest historical neighbourhoods. This short insider walk finishes at one of the loveliest squares, little known to outsiders, but a real favourite of the locals. Later visit the second level of the Eiffel Tower for breathtaking views across the city. This evening you may decide to take an Optional Experience to the Latin Quarter for a visit inside Notre Dame and a cruise down the River Seine.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Paris||Paris At Leisure or Optional D-Day Beach Experience: Today is completely yours to explore Paris further or you may wish to experience a full-day Optional Experience and travel to the historical and poignant D-Day landing beaches. During the festive holidays experience the spectacular Christmas illuminations that light up the city this evening. Luminous arches, multi-coloured bulbs, incandescent flames and sparkling projections of light deck out the avenues of the French capital in festive splendour.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Paris||Full-Day Excursion to the Palace and Royal Estate of Versailles: Visit the best-known and most resplendent palace in France, Versailles. Our Local Specialist guides you through the majestic palace followed by the breathtaking picturesque Royal Gardens. Later visit the Petit Trianon to see how the French Royal Family lived in private before continuing to Marie Antoinette's extraordinary hamlet. This evening you may wish to utilise your Parisian Brasserie voucher which gives you a choice of centrally located brasseries to visit for dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Paris||French Cuisine and Shopping Experience: Today's exploration of French culture takes on another dimension as you meet a real Parisian chef for a French cuisine experience including a light lunch. During your Cultural Insight learn some culinary secrets and get to savour your creation. The balance of the day is then yours to enjoy as you wish. Perhaps take a relaxing stroll along the River Seine or enjoy some of the great shopping in the heart of Paris. Your Travel Director will be there to give you advice. This evening you may wish to consider an Optional Experience to attend a performance of a true French cabaret at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Paris||Visit Montmartre and the Louvre: This morning after a relaxing start take a private street trolley car to visit the fascinating and colourful "village" of Montmartre, the highest point in Paris. Your Local Specialist will show you the artists haunts and romantic hideaways of this most beautiful Parisian neighbourhood. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy. Later a unique experience awaits you; a special evening reservation to visit the renowned Louvre museum. During this Small Group Sightseeing tour your Local Specialist will show you the most important masterpieces and the stunning apartments of Napoleon III, when the museum is quieter and the crowds have disappeared.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Paris||Paris Morning At Leisure, Walking Tour and Farewell Dinner: Today is your last chance for last-minute souvenir shopping or alternatively participate on an Optional Experience to visit the Musée d'Orsay. During the festive holiday period, visit the Christmas markets that are held all over the capital: in Montparnasse, on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and in La Défense. Or visit the Nativity scenes in Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral, the Madeleine church, and Basilique Sacré-Cœur. Whether they be traditional, baroque or modern, these veritable works of art welcome a large number of visitors. This afternoon enjoy a walking tour to a part of Paris where you will discover how the French Revolution began. Join your Travel Director and companions for a Farewell Dinner at an iconic Parisian restaurant dating back to 1686.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Paris||Depart Paris: After breakfast, say farewell to Paris and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after a memorable week in one of the world's greatest cities. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Why not extend your holiday by adding another City Explorer to this trip? For itinerary and departure details see WROM 'Rome Explorer' or WLON 'London Explorer'.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class