GLOBUS 2018: The Scandinavian (ZS)
14 days from Copenhagen to Oslo
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596081
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant ROYAL RECEPTION ROOMS. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace and at the LITTLE MERMAID statue. In the afternoon, exciting optional excursions are available. Tonight, visit TIVOLI GARDENS, the city's colorful amusement park. (B)|
|Day 3||Arhus||Drive across one of the world's largest suspension bridges, constructed off-shore to the fairytale island of Funen. Visit HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN'S HOME at Odense, then cross the Little Belt waterway to Jutland. Arrive in Arhus and visit DEN GAMLE BY, a fascinating collection of completely furnished old Danish townhouses. [LF] A special dinner awaits you this evening at a local restaurant to try out local specialties. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Gothenburg||From the naval town of Frederikshavn, cross beautiful Kattegat by FERRY to Sweden's largest port city, Gothenburg. See its landmarks during an orientation drive and enjoy time on your own in this charming city. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Stockholm||Drive through the 'breadbasket' of the country, miles of fertile farmland strewn with tidy farms, followed by industrial towns like Huskvarna and Norkoping, a major Baltic seaport. Arrive in Stockholm, scene of Stieg Larsson's Millennium. (B)|
|Day 6||Stockholm||Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Royal Palace, Riddarholm Church, a walk through the OLD TOWN, and the festive blue and gold chambers in the CITY HALL, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Choose from our exciting optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 7||Karlstad||On the shores of Lake Malar, [LF] visit King Gustav Vasa's GRIPSHOLM CASTLE before continuing west through the scenic Lake District. On the way, get glimpses of the ancient garrison town of Orebro and Bofors, site of Alfred Nobel's ammunition factory. Overnight in Karlstad on Lake Vanern. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lillehammer||A scenic day! Drive through Varmland, the area so beautifully described in Selma Lagerlof's Gosta Berling's Saga, to the Norwegian border. Pass strategic Elverum, rebuilt after total destruction during World War II. On via Lake Mjosa to Lillehammer. Enjoy a guided visit of the fascinating MAIHAUGEN OPEN-AIR MUSEUM, an encounter with Norway's culture and history and a fascinating collection of artifacts. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Flam||Majestic mountains, dark-pine forests, sparkling lakes, and silvery trout streams abound on your leisurely journey today. Before arriving in Flam, stop for pictures at Borgund's stave church, famous for its beautiful exterior. Then, a true highlight: embark for a leisurely CRUISE on the spectacular Sognefjord and Naeroyfjord. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Bergen||This morning, you may wish to join an exciting optional Flam train ride. See the popular lakeside resort of Voss, and arrive early afternoon in picturesque Bergen, the most characteristic of all Norwegian towns. On your orientation drive you will hear about its 11th-century origins and its association with the Hanseatic League. Visit the colorful fish market, and stroll through the narrow lanes of ancient Bryggen. (B)|
|Day 11||Geilo||Meet the family that has owned the Steinsto farm for eight generations. While you taste their [LF] APPLE CIDER, they will tell you all about their history and how cider is made. Cross the Hardanger suspension bridge before ascending to Voringfoss, Norway's most celebrated and mightiest waterfall. Continue across the Hardangervidda mountain plateau to the ski resort of Geilo. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Oslo||In Torpo, admire the STAVE CHURCH, symbol of Norwegian heritage. Continue along the scenic road between the Steinsfjord and the ice-blue Tyrifjord and arrive in Oslo. (B)|
|Day 13||Oslo||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, Parliament, and the Royal Palace. Highlight visits: FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland's famous stark sculptures and the ornate CITY HALL. The afternoon is free, with a chance to join an optional excursion to see the relics of a glorious seafaring past. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $1,012Triple room reduction per person: $155Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:in single room $174-$349, in twin $98-$196, in triple $91-$156Extra nights per person in Oslo:in single room $153-$215, in twin $105-$133, in triple $112-$131
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).