Enjoy six days amid spectacular Alpine beauty on your guided tour of Switzerland. You'll meet your Tour Director and traveling companions in the vibrant city of Zurich before continuing on to the picturesque Emmental Valley. Visit a local dairy and sample world-class cheeses before setting off for Interlaken - nestled between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and surrounded by the magnificence of the Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau peaks. You'll venture to Europe's highest railway station serving the 13,642-ft. summit of the Jungfrau mountain. This Alpine wonderland offers a wealth of activities and experiences for this full day's trip. Traveling on to Lucerne, you'll pass through charming mountains to visit Brienz - home to the 'Most Beautiful Street in Europe,' then on to a special highlight of Ballenberg's open-air museum with its centuries-old Swiss buildings. Your two-night stay in Lucerne includes a walking tour of the many inspirational and historic sites in the city including a visit to the Lion Monument - built in recognition of the Swiss Guards' sacrifice in protection of the Royal House of France during the French Revolution centuries before. A sumptuous farewell dinner will conclude your Swiss adventure. With many stories of the stunning natural scenery and the warm and welcoming culture here, you'll remember your trip to the Top of Switzerland as the height of your travels so far.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596096
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Welcome to Zurich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Interlaken||Enjoy an orientation walk of Zurich's well-preserved OLD TOWN with its medieval guild houses before continuing to the Emmental Valley to visit [LF] the SCHAUKaSEREI AFFOLTERN. Try out the locally produced cheese and enjoy a light lunch. Then, continue to Interlaken. The town's unique location, nestled between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz and surrounded by the world-famous Eiger, Monch, and Jungfrau mountains, guarantees spectacular views. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Interlaken||[LF] An unforgettable trip to the high Alpine wonderland of ice and snow is the true highlight of a visit to Switzerland. At an amazing 11,332 feet, the JUNGFRAUJOCH is Europe's highest railway station. Jungfrau's 13,642-foot summit was first ascended in 1811, and in 1912 the rack railway was opened. There are lots of things to do here: enjoy the Alpine Sensation, the Panorama 360 Experiencee, the ICE PALACE, and take the elevator to the Sphinx Observatory. Also receive your Jungfrau Passport as a souvenir to take home with you. The round trip to the 'Top of Europe' by MOUNTAIN TRAIN will take most of the day. (B)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||A scenic drive through charming mountains brings you to cozy Brienz, where you will visit the interesting WOODCARVING MUSEUM. Also walk through the romantic Brunngasse, once awarded the title 'Most Beautiful Street in Europe.' Next is a [LF] visit to the fascinating open-air museum of Ballenberg with its centuries-old buildings from all parts of Switzerland. Arrive in picturebook Lucerne, where you will stay for the next two nights. Tonight, you may wish to join an optional dinner excursion to a folklore party with cheese fondue, yodeling, and alphorn blowing. (B)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||On your walking tour this morning, admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and ornate patrician houses of the walled Old Town, then cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit church. Later, an exciting optional excursion is available to Mount Pilatus, the 'Guard of Lucerne.' This evening, a farewell dinner has been prepared for you to celebrate the success of your vacation and the best way to say auf Wiedersehen. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Zurich||Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich, not Lucerne. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$306Triple room reduction per person:$39Extra nights per person in Zurich:in single room $171-$308, in twin $91-$194, in triple $82-$146
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).