On this faith-based tour through Central Europe, visit some of Central Europe's most important cathedrals and pilgrimage sites, and witness some of its most striking scenery. Plus, enjoy first-class seats to Oberammergau's Passion Play, performed every 10 years by Oberammergau residents as a thank you for saving the town from the Black Death. With beautiful alpine scenery as the backdrop, it is nothing short of spectacular! Highlights of this Central Europe tour include visits to some of the region's most significant churches and cathedrals. Visit the pilgrimage church in Wies, a Rococo masterpiece and UNESCO World Heritage Site dating to the 1740s set in a gorgeous alpine setting. In Trier, another UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the oldest cities north of the Alps, visit the High Cathedral of St. Peter. This UNESCO World Heritage Site dating to the 4th century is Germany's oldest bishop's church. In Aachen, visit Northern Europe's oldest cathedral, dating to 803 AD. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the burial place of Charlemagne, the church used for the coronation of German kings and queens, and still a pilgrimage church. Visit the Benedictine Abbey of Einsiedeln, one of Switzerland's most important pilgrimage sites and renowned for its black Madonna carved in the 15th century.You'll also witness stunning scenery on this Central Europe tour. Marvel at Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest falls, and enjoy a cruise along the most scenic part of the Rhine River. Stop in the Black Forest with beautiful forests of thick pine trees.This is just a sampling of the many highlights of this Catholic Central Europe with Oberammergau tour. It's a dream vacation!This vacation, which includes tickets for the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, requires an additional deposit of $350 in June 2019.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596801
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Welcome to Munich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, then enjoy this evening's welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Oberammergau||Your orientation of Germany's 'Secret Capital' includes the Olympic Stadium, 1,000-foot-high Television Tower, MARIENPLATZ with its old and new Town Halls, and the gothic FRAUENKIRCHE. Enjoy a scenic drive to Neuschwanstein for an exciting visit to magnificent KING LUDWIG'S CASTLE, which was the inspiration for Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle. Before arriving in Oberammergau, stop for a visit to the beautifully-located pilgrimage CHURCH of Wies, a Rococo masterpiece. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Oberammergau||Today is dedicated to the PASSION PLAY, held every 10 years and performed by the inhabitants of Oberammergau. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||ucerne||A picturesque drive through the Bavarian and Tyrolean Alps brings you to Innsbruck. Enjoy a pleasant walk through its quaint medieval lanes and take pictures of the GOLDEN ROOF. Cross the border and enter Switzerland, where you will visit the impressive Benedictine ABBEY OF OUR LADY of Einsiedeln, renowned for the famous black Madonna and its unique baroque architecture, on your way to picture-book Lucerne. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||On your walking tour, admire Thorwaldsen's LION'S MONUMENT, dedicated to the Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and the ornate patrician houses of the walled town. Then, cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE and visit the JESUIT CHURCH with its onion-topped towers, built by the Jesuits in the time Protestantism came up and the reason that Lucerne remained Catholic. Also included is a visit to the Hofkirche ST. LEODEGAR, the most important church and a landmark of the city. Afternoon and evening at leisure; you may wish to join exciting optional excursions to Mount Pilatus and attend a Swiss Folklore show. (B)|
|Day 6||Rhineland||A short drive to Schaffhausen to admire the famous RHINE FALLS; then, enter Germany, and stop in the Black Forest to enjoy a WOODCARVING DEMONSTRATION, before continuing to the Rhineland for your overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Cologne||This morning is dedicated to Trier, one of the oldest cities north of the Alps. During your orientation, admire the Porta Nigra, a large Roman city gate, visit the HIGH CATHEDRAL OF ST. PETER, and see the unusual early-gothic Dreikonigenhaus. Then, continue to Aachen for a visit to the oldest CATHEDRAL in Northern Europe, burial place of Charlemagne, and for 600 years the church of coronation for German kings and queens. Arrive in Cologne for your overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Frankfurt||The morning is dedicated to a visit of the magnificent CATHEDRAL, sometimes called the most beautiful example of gothic art. Next is a romantic RHINE CRUISE along the most scenic part of the Rhine River, followed by a special treat: a WINE TASTING in the capital of Riesling wine, Rudesheim. This evening, a farewell dinner has been prepared at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Frankfurt||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
This vacation includes the world-famous Passion Play, a spectacular play performed only once every 10 years by the residents of the quaint little town of Oberammergau. An additional deposit of $350 per person will be collected in June 2019 to secure your reservation for the vacation and the tickets for the play.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$481Triple room reduction per person:$34
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).