2018: Europe's Photo Album (4720)
11 days from Paris to Milan
PARIS Novotel La Defense (F) or Forest Hill La Villette (ST)LUXEMBOURG Park Inn City (ST)FREIBURG AREA Super 8 (ST)INNSBRUCK AREA Ramada Tivoli (ST)LUCERNE Rothaus (ST) or Drei Konige (ST)ST. MORITZ Hotel Baren (ST)MILAN Starhotels Business Palace (F) or Leonardo City Center (F)
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596981
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Paris||A world-class city for centuries, Paris probably has more familiar landmarks than any other place in the world. See the highlights on an included sightseeing tour with an expert Local Guide. Later, sample what life must have been like for 17th-century French aristocrats on an optional tour of the opulent Palace of Versailles. Tonight, consider joining an optional dinner. (B)|
|Day 3||Luxembourg City||Depart the 'City of Light' and head east to Reims, home to many of the country's largest champagne producers. A maze of tunnels and caves dating back to Roman times exists under the city, and these are used to this day for the aging of the champagne. A fascinating visit to a CHAMPAGNE CELLAR teaches you all about how this sparkling wine is made. Also see the city's exceptionally beautiful gothic cathedral, the traditional coronation site for French kings. Continue to Luxembourg City, situated at the confluence of the Alzette and Petrusse Rivers and capital of one of Europe's smallest sovereign states. (B)|
|Day 4||Freiburg||Explore Luxembourg City with its celebrated UNESCO World Heritage status and many European Union institutions, including the European Court of Justice, European Investment Bank, and more. Re-enter France and arrive in Strasbourg, seat of the European Parliament. On your guided walking tour, see the monumental gothic cathedral with its ancient murals, stained-glass windows, and fascinating astronomical clock; experience the unique Franco-German culture; and explore the city's historic heart in the magical La Petite France district. Cross the border into Germany, and spend the night in the Freiburg area. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Innsbruck||A scenic drive takes you along the shores of pretty Lake Constance, Central Europe's third-largest lake, and into the heart of Bavaria. Ascend the foothills of the Alps for a visit to 'Mad' King Ludwig's romantic NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE, inspiration for Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle. Dinner and an overnight in the Innsbruck area. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Cross the border into Switzerland to arrive in the canton of St. Gallen. The city grew up around the 7th-century Convent of St. Gall. Visit the abbey's rococo-style LIBRARY, one of the richest medieval libraries in the world and UNESCO Heritage Site, which houses antiquities, including 400 books that are more than a thousand years old and a 2,700-year-old Egyptian mummy. Carry on to Lucerne. (B)|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Nestled amid snowcapped Alps and surrounded by its lake, Lucerne is one of Switzerland's finest cities. This morning's visit takes in the historic city walls, which still include eight watch towers and a gated tower; CHAPEL BRIDGE, Europe's oldest covered bridge, dating back to 1333; ornate patrician houses lining cobblestone streets; and the LION MONUMENT, a masterful stone sculpture honoring Louis XVI's heroic Swiss Guards. In your free time this afternoon, you could choose from a great selection of optional activities. (B)|
|Day 8||St Moritz||Majestic alpine scenery and glimpses of Lake Walen will enchant you on the way to Liechtenstein. Stop briefly in its capital, Vaduz, whose castle is visible from almost any spot in the city. Drive towards the Swiss National Park in the Engadine, the country's biggest nature preserve. Watch for ibexes, marmots, northern hares, and other wildlife as sparkling lakes, larch forests, soaring peaks, and quaint, Grisons-style villages usher you on to glamorous St. Moritz, the oldest and most famous winter resort in the world. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Milan||Today, experience a memorable trip aboard the BERNINA EXPRESS TRAIN. Crossing the Alps to Tirano in Italy, this spectacular rail journey ascends to altitudes exceeding 6,560 feet above sea level. Rejoin the coach and skirt Lake Como before visiting the quaint historical town center of Como before reaching Milan. (B)|
|Day 10||Milan||Hub of Italy's economic miracle and the capital of fashion, Milan is a vibrant city. During your guided sightseeing tour, see the awe-inspiring, gothic Duomo, one of the largest cathedrals in the world and which took nearly 500 years to complete. This afternoon, you could spend time in Milan's famous fashion district to catch up on the latest designs. (B)|
|Day 11||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $500No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Paris:in single room $136-$390; in twin / triple $72-$199Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $82-$261; in twin / in triple $49-$139
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).