Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
A bestseller for a reason, this journey around Europe's most popular countries and cities brings together the best of its history, scenery, legends, locals and experiences.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? learning about the daily routines of the notorious Roman Gladiators at the Colosseum, the most famous of who were treated like modern day 'Pop Idols', brought vividly to life by your Local Specialist.
- City tour in Rome, Florence and Paris
- Orientation of Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- View the canals in Amsterdam, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, St. Mark's Square in Venice, the ancient sites in Rome and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the River Rhine
- See the Lorelei Rock, the Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- 11 hot buffet breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Eurostar high-speed train from London to Brussels.
- Ferry across the Channel from Calais to Dover.
- Pick-up and Drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre.
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply.
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14014895
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London: Relax after your journey or spend time exploring this exciting city.|
|Day 2||London||London Sightseeing and Free Time: See a host of sights including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace during your morning guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Finishing in central London, you have the rest of the day to discover the city's delights.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Amsterdam||London - Eurostar? - Brussels - Amsterdam: This morning meet your Travel Director before travelling to London's St. Pancras International to board the Eurostar? for a high-speed train journey to Brussels. Continue by luxury coach to Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of the historic city centre before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception dinner cruise.Welcome Reception|
|Day 4||Rhineland||Amsterdam - Rhine Cruise - Heidelberg - Rhineland: Cross the border into Germany, enjoy picturesque scenery all the way to Boppard, where an included cruise takes you past vine-clad hills and crumbling medieval castles to St. Goar. Later enjoy views of the red sandstone castle towering above Heidelberg.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Achat Premium Walldorf/Reilingen
|Day 5||Innsbruck||Rhineland - Munich - Innsbruck: Crossing the Swabian Alps arrive in Munich, the capital of Bavaria, for an orientation drive including the Olympic Stadium and City Hall. View the Glockenspiel on Marienplatz. A short drive through splendid scenery and across the Austrian border brings you to Innsbruck. Admire the architecture of the Old Town including the Emperor Maximilian's famous Golden Roof. You might consider experiencing traditional Tyrolean entertainment this evening.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Venice||Innsbruck - Venice: Drive along the Brenner Pass into Italy and across the Dolomite Mountains. Arrive in the enchanting city of Venice. Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square, viewing the Bridge of Sighs and the Doge's Palace along the way. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop for a Cultural Insight demonstration, then spend the afternoon exploring the sights of your choice.Buffet Breakfast|
Novotel Venezia Castellana
|Day 7||Rome||Venice - Rome (2 Nights): South across the Veneto plain you pass by Bologna and over the dramatic Apennine Mountains, continuing into the Lazio region to Rome, the Eternal City.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Rome||Rome Sightseeing and Free Time: Today's sightseeing includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica - the most significant Christian church in the world - to view Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpiece, the Pieta. In ancient Rome see sites including the Colosseum with your Local Specialist. Spend the rest of the day exploring or perhaps take an Optional Experience to see the Sistine Chapel inside the Vatican Museums.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Florence||Rome - Florence Sightseeing: From Rome travel north into Tuscany, through rolling countryside and along the valley of the River Arno to Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance. Discover the city's rich artistic and medieval history with your Local Specialist. Visit the Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and stunning palazzi. Marvel at the baptistery and the multimarble Duomo, with its dome designed by Brunelleschi. Dine tonight at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Executive Style/ Crowne Plaza St. Peter's
|Day 10||Lucerne||Florence - Gotthard Drive - Lucerne (2 Nights): Drive via picturesque Italian Lakes and across the Alps into Switzerland. Spend the next two nights in the beautiful lakeside town of Lucerne.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 11||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation and Free Time: View the poignant Lion Monument during your morning orientation. Walk along the 14th century covered Chapel Bridge, crossing the River Reuss. Don't miss the opportunity to take an exciting Optional Experience to one of the surrounding mountains with breathtaking views. Later there is time to shop for Swiss souvenirs including watches and chocolates.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 12||Paris||Lucerne - Paris (2 Nights): Pass Basel and cross the border into France this morning. In every direction, vineyards and picturesque villages provide a memorable backdrop for your journey. Consider an Optional Experience this evening to a famous Parisian Cabaret.Buffet Breakfast|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 13||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and Free Time: See all the iconic sights during your morning sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. View the Champs Elysees, Place de la Concorde and the Arc de Triomphe. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower for a breathtaking view of the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring the sights that interest you. This evening celebrate with your Travel Director and travelling companions at a Farewell Dinner in a local bistro.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 14||London||Paris - London: Cross the Somme and pass the First World War battlefields at Vimy Ridge as you drive towards the coast. In Calais board a ferry to Dover and travel on to London by coach where your journey of discovery ends.Buffet Breakfast|
- Your London Hotel: This trip starts and ends at our London Reception Centre or the The Tower hotel, providing that you have reserved your accommodation at this hotel through Trafalgar.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class