2019: Jewels of Africa with Ol Pejeta Conservancy & Lake Nakuru National Park Area (IQBD)
15 days from Nairobi to Cape Town
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14384119
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 15 Days
- Escorted - No
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Africa! Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Ol Pejeta Conservancy||Today, drive to OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY, the largest black rhino sanctuary in all of East Africa. After lunch, embark on your first GAME DRIVE in search of the 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Ol Pejeta||Rise early for a MORNING GAME DRIVE with beautiful Mount Kenya as the backdrop. Beyond the 'Big 5,' you may spot cheetah, zebra, gazelle, and more. If you are lucky, you might even spot rare wild dogs. After lunch, enjoy a GAME DRIVE in the conservancy, including a stop at the CHIMP SANCTUARY. In partnership with the Kenya Wildlife Service and the Jane Goodall Institute, the sanctuary was established to provide a long-term home for orphaned and abused chimpanzees. Here, see the chimps and learn more about their plight. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Lake Nakuru National Park Area||A final GAME DRIVE in the conservancy before driving to the Lake Nakuru area. The journey takes you through the beautiful Kenyan highlands, one of the most fertile agricultural areas in all of Africa, where farmers grow crops such as corn, wheat, coffee, and tea. Stop for lunch at Aberdare Country Club. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Lake Nakuru Area||Today, explore LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. The park is home to a variety of animals including giraffe, impala, Cape buffalo, and striped hyena. This is also your best chance to see white rhino, which are commonly spotted here. Relax at your lodge or camp between game drives. (B,L,D)NOTE:If staying at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp, you may opt for an afternoon game drive closer to camp in Soysambu Conservancy.|
|Day 6||Maasai Mara National Reserve Area||Today, drive to MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE, Kenya's most famous game area. Stop for lunch en route before embarking on your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Maasai Mara Area||Your Driver/Guide navigates you on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in the 'Mara,' as it is called by the locals. Part of the Serengeti ecosystem, the reserve boasts a strong permanent population of game. When the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra arrives, generally between August and early November, the population enlarges by almost 2 million. This provides a great food source for predators such as lion, leopard, and hyena. (B,L,D)NOTE: The Great Migration is a natural event, and the arrival/departure of the migrating herds varies slightly year to year.|
|Day 8||Maasai Mara Area||Further explore this magical place during MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES. Watch for elephant, rhino, topi, cheetah, and more. Between drives, enjoy leisure time to relax. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Nairobi||Join your Driver/Guide for one last GAME DRIVE this morning. Later, board a plane for the quick flight back to Nairobi where you will overnight. (B)|
|Day 10||Victoria Falls||This morning, fly to Zimbabwe. This evening, enjoy a CRUISE on the Zambezi River, which affords you a great opportunity to photograph wildlife and a spectacular Africa sunset. (B)|
|Day 11||Victoria Falls||Today, visit mighty VICTORIA FALLS for an awe-inspiring experience. Enjoy a PRIVATE GUIDED WALK, where you will learn the history of the falls and hear fascinating details about the surrounding flora and fauna. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B) NOTE: During the dry season (September-December) and during dry years, water flow to Victoria Falls may be low.|
|Day 12||Cape Town||Today, fly to beautiful Cape Town (via Johannesburg), widely referred to as the 'Mother City' by locals. (B)|
|Day 13||Cape Town||Start your PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR with a CABLE-CAR RIDE up Table Mountain (weather permitting). Here, you will enjoy stunning views of the city and its surroundings. Next, stop at Boulders Beach, where you will visit a COLONY OF ENDANGERED AFRICAN PENGUINS, known for the unique sound they make. After lunch, continue to CAPE POINT NATURE RESERVE. Stop at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, the southwesternmost point of the African continent, for incredible panoramic views. On your return journey, skirt the rocky coastline as you ascend Chapman's Peak Drive, one of the most spectacular drives in the world, then continue through the fishing village of Hout Bay. The evening is at your leisure in Cape Town. (B,L)|
|Day 14||Cape Town||Enjoy a full day at your leisure. Your Local Host is happy to make recommendations. (B)|
|Day 15||Cape Town||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $1,641. Required intra-vacation air segments are Maasai Mara/Nairobi; Nairobi/Victoria Falls; Victoria Falls/Cape Town. Air prices were effective on July 11, 2018, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Singles are available only when traveling in a party of two or more.Safari package includes park entrance fees of $240 per person.Upgrade to a 4x4 vehicle in Kenya is available for $70-$180 per person (depending on party size). Ask for details at time of booking.2020 departures are subject to itinerary and price modifications. Details will be available in July 2019.NOTES:
- Bottled water is included on all game drives in the Maasai Mara.
- All game viewing is done at your own risk. We will require a signed liability waiver prior to travel.
- Consult with your physician for the latest health requirements for travel to Kenya, South Africa, and Zimbabwe .
- We do not recommend this vacation to people with serious back problems, as it can be quite rough while driving on/off road in game parks.
- Due to limited capacity on safari vehicles and flights in Kenya, your suitcase must be soft-sided and cannot exceed 33 lbs including hand luggage.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Monograms, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Monograms, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Monograms to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.70 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Monograms menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Monograms offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Monograms in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $80 per person for South Pacific, $50 per person for all other destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Monograms has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.