Majesty of the Rockies and Cruise Neptune Suites (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 Americas
Take in the majesty of the Rocky Mountains as you travel in luxurious comfort to the most dazzling national parks, glaciers and historic villages of Western Canada. Savour delicious local cuisine in trendy Vancouver and meet passionate Local Experts, as you discover Mother Nature's bounties from the Rockies to the waters of Alaska. On select Chairman's Collection departure dates you'll have the pleasure of meeting Olympic ski champion, Rob Boyd, at the Four Seasons Whistler. Join him for a cocktail reception and hear about his life and history in Whistler, along with details on how he was the first Canadian to win a downhill world championship on Canadian soil. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman's Collection.
- Vancouver: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Victor, located on the sixth-floor rooftop featuring local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.
- Whistler: Enjoy a delectable Highlight Dinner at SIDECUT, a AAA rated, four-diamond restaurant known for traditional steakhouse fare with a modern take.
- Kelowna: Your resort's reputation for ?ne food is hard to overlook - join us for Dinner with Wine featuring a wine ambassador that will suggest pairings.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a unique collection of restaurants during your Dine-Around Evening.
- Banff: Experience traditional, regional and contemporary a la carte dining with your choice of ?ne restaurants at the Fairmont.
- Victoria: Join your Travelling Concierge for a lively, farm-to-table Celebration Dinner at 10 Acres Kitchen.
- Dining Summary: 13 Full Breakfasts (FB), 7 Dinners all with wine (DW); On-board Inside Passage Cruise: 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 6 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D).
- Victoria: One of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest and the gem of British Columbia, Victoria is a grand, elegant wonder. Explore this Garden City with her historic charm, baroque architecture, colourful squares and lively waterfront.
- Vancouver: Cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), for a squirrel's eye view.
- Athabasca Glacier: Travel in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the icy slopes.
- Victoria: The Hotel Grand Pacific is perched right on the Inner Harbour, close to Victoria's downtown.
- Whistler: The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is a luxurious resort with a gorgeous backdrop and charming local village.
- Kelowna: Gorgeous Okanagan Lake provides the backdrop for an unforgettable hotel at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort with views of the lake, the mountains, and the Kelowna city skyline.
- Lake Louise: Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel is located in Alberta's Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Banff: Canada's "Castle in the Rockies", the Fairmont Banff Springs, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years.
- Jasper: Situated in Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife.
- Sun Peaks: An internationally renowned year-round destination resort offering luxury in the heart of Sun Peaks.
- Banff: Enjoy a private meeting with a retired Royal Canadian Mountie to learn about the service and hear his personal stories.
- Whistler: Learn about the First Nations and participate in an unique holistic tea workshop at Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14486312
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 21 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Vibrant Vancouver.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Vancouver International Airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine at Victor Restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Douglas, Autograph Collection Hotel, Vancouver.
|Day 2||Vancouver||Vancouver Sightseeing.: This morning experience the best of Vancouver during your exclusive sightseeing tour. History meets the great outdoors at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, as you cross the bridge for spectacular views from the top of the canyon. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Sun Peaks||Mount Robson and Sun Peaks.: If you choose, board the optional Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service to relive the golden age of rail travel. You will journey from Vancouver with an overnight in Kamloops and rejoin your fellow travellers in Jasper on Day 4. Alternatively, journey by luxury coach through the majestic landscapes of British Colombia and arrive at Sun Peaks. (Breakfast)|
Sun Peaks Grand Hotel.
|Day 4||Jasper||Sun Peaks and on to Jasper.: After breakfast, continue your journey through the stunning Columbia Mountains and stop for a view of Mt. Robson's snow-capped peak before arriving in Jasper National Park. (Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Jasper National Park and Iconic Maligne Lake.: Embark on a narrated cruise on the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake in the morning (seasonal). Stop at Spirit Island before enjoying a walk at Maligne Canyon. Gain a unique perspective of the beautiful park as you join a Local Expert on an afternoon scenic ?oat trip (8) down the Athabasca River. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine at your lodge. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Lake Louise||Along the Icefields Parkway.: Travel along the unforgettable Ice?elds Parkway and witness amazing scenery. At the Ice?elds Visitor Center, embark on a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. With your expert driver guide, step out onto the frosty ?ow, formed centuries ago. Later today you'll arrive at Lake Louise, where you'll enjoy an engaging nature talk while strolling lakeside, before continuing to the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for your stay. Why not upgrade to a Junior Lakeview Suite for views of Lake Louise? (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
|Day 7||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: This morning visit Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Its glacial waters are known for the distinctive bright blue colour, which reflect the steep peaks that surround the valley. Take in the wonders of Banff National Park at leisure. (Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Banff Springs.
|Day 8||Banff Springs||Banff Sights at Leisure.: Explore Banff Your Way and choose to ride the Banff Gondola or visit Whyte Museum. Later, join a private meet-and-greet with a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform and have your picture taken with the Mountie. For dinner, choose from a selection of restaurants at your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Kelowna||Canada's Exquisite National Parks.: As you leave Banff this morning, stop at exquisite Emerald Lake. Journey through some of Canada's most breath-taking National Parks - Yoho, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke, as you make your way to Kelowna. Tonight, savour a delicious dinner with wine at your hotel, accompanied by a wine ambassador that will suggest pairings for the fresh, seasonal ingredients from the valley. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Okanagan Resort, Kelowna.
|Day 10||Whistler||The Napa Valley of the North to Whistler.: Depart Kelowna this morning and travel through the lush Okanagan Valley region, known for producing some of the best wines in the world. Explore Whistler and learn about its ascendancy onto the world stage as host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Dine at the AAA rated four-diamond restaurant SIDECUT, featuring a modern take on traditional steakhouse fare. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Resort Whistler.
|Day 11||Whistler||First Nations Culture and History.: In the morning, a First Nations Ambassador welcomes you at the award-winning Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, showcasing the native peoples' art, history and culture. Learn about the traditional teas important to the region, before taking part in a one-of-a-kind holistic tea workshop. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Ask your Travelling Concierge for recommendations on where to head. If you are on a Chairman's Collection departure, today you will meet Rob Boyd, former Olympic alpine skier. (Breakfast)|
|Day 12||Victoria||From Whistler to Victoria.: Leave the mountains of Whistler behind and stop at Shannon Falls, the third highest falls in British Columbia. Travel along a spectacular drive on the Sea-to-Sky highway, before ferrying across the Strait of Georgia to Victoria. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria.
|Day 13||Victoria||Exploring Victoria.: Begin the day with breakfast served at Butchart Gardens' Blue Poppy Restaurant. Gain access to the grounds before they are open to the general public with ample time to explore. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure in Victoria. Tonight, join your Travelling Concierge and toast to new friends at a lively, farm-to-table Celebration Dinner at 10 Acres Kitchen. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Join your Alaska Cruise||Join your Alaska Cruise.: This morning you will board your ferry and relax in the exclusive SeaWest Lounge all the way to Vancouver. An included transfer will take you to the Canada Place port where your Alaska cruise begins on the MS Koningsdam. Board your cruise to experience the ever-changing panorama and vast wilderness that stretches from British Columbia to Skagway, Alaska. Step into a world of comfort and elegance with impeccable service and gourmet dining. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Holland America Line: MS Koningsdam.
|Day 15||Cruising the Inside Passage||Cruising the Inside Passage.: With the most Southeast Alaska accessible only by boat or plane, cruise the Inside Passage for a unique view. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 16||Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau||Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau.: The dramatic Sawyer Glaciers at the end of Tracy Arm are framed by mountains and bathed in the blue hue of the ice. Arrive in Juneau, where you can shop downtown, kayak, dogsled, raft or flightsee. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 17||Skagway||Skagway, Alaska.: Step into the town's colourful past at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 18||Cruise Glacier Bay||Cruise Glacier Bay.: From the comfort of your ship, enjoy pristine wilderness of Glacier Bay National Park. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 19||Ketchikan||Exploring Ketchikan.: While ashore, check out the world's largest collection of standing totem poles or head on an optional guided tour through town or on a harbour cruise. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 20||Scenic Cruise of the Inside Passage||Scenic Cruise of the Inside Passage.: Today is a day for relaxation as you cruise back to Vancouver. (Breakfast / Launch / Dinner)|
|Day 21||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: Sail into Vancouver Harbor this morning. After disembarking, take your transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the hotel, if you wish to extend your stay. Airport arrival will be at approximately 09:30. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Triple and Single Staterooms are on a request basis only. The prices shown above include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 06 May 2019. Please see Majesty of the Rockies with Calgary Stampede for details. (4a) These departures have alternative routing and first go to Victoria, then Whistler before returning to Vancouver and will be staying at the Delta Ocean Pointe, Victoria. All departures cruise on the MS Koningsdam, except those marked with (4b) which will sail on the MS Volendam and spend an additional night in Vancouver before boarding. Vista and Neptune Suite Available. Guests that book a Verandah Stateroom or a Vista Suite by February 28th, 2020 will receive a Shipboard Credit of USD $50 p.p. All hotel room and stateroom upgrades are subject to additional charge. (10) Book the Rocky Mountaineer travel option on selected dates by December 13 2019 and save. This itinerary does not offer breakfast in room. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures that will meet Olympic skier Rob Boyd for an exclusive reception. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class