Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2020
Descend from the Mile High City, into the foothills of the Rockies and through the badlands, canyons and natural arches that rise up from the desert landscapes that shelter the Navajo.
- VISIT Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas
- SEE Delicate Arch
- SCENIC DRIVE along Desert View Drive, Route 66
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14620198
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Denver||Arrive Denver: Channel your inner pioneer as you embark on an epic encounter with the peaks, canyons and deserts of what was once the treacherous Wild West. We kick-start our journey in Denver, exploring the Mile High City at leisure before meeting our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception this evening.|
Sheraton Denver Downtown
|Day 2||Moab||Denver - Vail - Moab (2 Nights): Descend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide en route to the alluring alpine village of Vail. The launch-pad to powder days enjoyed within a world of startling white, Vail's enchanting old-world feel will linger in your mind as you journey to Moab, whose rugged beauty was immortalised on the big screen by the legendary John Ford in the 1940s. Admire the blazing rocky red cliffs as the sun sets over the desert or explore this gateway to a myriad of adventures - tonight is yours to enjoy on your terms.?|
BW Plus Canyonlands Inn
|Day 3||Canyonlands and Arches National Parks Excursion||Canyonlands and Arches National Parks Excursion: Tread lightly through the captivating landscapes of Utah's Canyonlands and Arches as you explore Mother Nature's profound mark on the surrounding geology. Deep canyons, towering spires and mesas give way to thousands of fiery sandstone arches during today's encounter with two soul-stirring national parks. See iconic Delicate Arch and if you like, take a short hike to the view point for an up close look. Reconnect with nature and admire how the land has adapted to the ravages of wind, water and time. Then, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.|
|Day 4||Monument Valley||Moab - Mesa Verde National Park - Monument Valley: This morning, we'll arrive at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park, we'll enjoy a rare opportunity to delve into the history and culture of the once-flourishing community of the Ancestral Pueblo people. Explore their beautifully preserved dwellings hewn from the sandstone cliff centuries ago and look down at the massive Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in the world. This evening, we join our generous Navajo hosts for a traditional cookout Regional Dinner against the surreal backdrop of Monument Valley.|
|Day 5||Grand Canyon National Park||Monument Valley - Grand Canyon National Park: The arresting beauty of Monument Valley is ours to explore this morning as we join a Local Specialist for a drive in an open-air vehicle past its towering sandstone buttes and mesas that rise up from the barren landscape. We continue through the ancestral home of the Navajo, arriving at Cameron Trading Post for a quick shopping stop and perhaps a taste of traditional fry bread. Driving along the scenic Desert View Drive, we skirt the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and gaze into its mesmerising multi-coloured depths before meeting another Local Specialist to gain insights into its geologic life. Our grand adventure almost at its end, we join our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner to reminisce over the epic landscapes encountered along our journey.|
National Park Lodges
|Day 6||Las Vegas||Grand Canyon National Park - Las Vegas: Rise early to catch the first rays of light as they illuminate the canyon. Consider an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to view this feat of nature from the sky or enjoy a leisurely morning, before we journey to Sin City. Desolation gives way to desert oases as we cruise back in time past motels, diners and gas stations towards the dazzling lights of Las Vegas.|
Harrah's Las Vegas
|Day 7||Las Vegas||Depart Las Vegas: Our exhilarating adventure has come to an end. Take your transfer to Las Vegas International Airport or consider extending your stay at Harrah's.|
- Crossovers: All 2019 departure dates will operate as per the 2019 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class