GLOBUS 2020: Warsaw, the Baltics & Helsinki (RQ)
9 days from Warsaw to Helsinki
On this Baltics and Northern Europe tour, journey from Poland to Finland traveling through the Baltic States of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. Along the way, relish UNESCO World Heritage Sites, old cities, beautiful scenery, and fascinating historical sights-with overnights in Warsaw, and the capital cities of Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, and Helsinki. In each city, enjoy guided sightseeing of the must-see attractions. Warsaw's sightseeing includes the Stare Miasto (Old Town), founded in the 13th century, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and 14th-century St. John's Cathedral, once the spot for weddings, coronations, and royal funerals. In Vilnius, visit the Old University, founded in 1569 by Jesuit monks, and the KGB Museum, situated in the former KGB building, which tells about the occupation regimes that took over Lithuania from 1942-1990. In Riga, walk through the Art Nouveau Quarter and the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a variety of architectural styles-romantic, gothic, baroque, classic, and modern. Tallinn's Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with its watchtowers, cobbled lanes, and medieval houses. Here, visit the onion-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Estonia's opulent Russian Orthodox cathedral built in 1900, and the medieval St. Nicholas' Church. Helsinki's sightseeing features a visit to the Lutheran Cathedral, completed in 1852, the Sibellus Monument and Helsinki's famous open-air market, where you can browse for local arts, crafts and food.Globus has also included some unique experiences for you, such as a private Chopin concert in Warsaw, hometown of the composer, Riga Balsam and Laima chocolate tasting in Riga and a visit to Vilnius' artist quarter Uzupis All of this-and much more-await you on this fantastic Baltics and Northern Europe tour.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14739732
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Warsaw||Welcome to Warsaw! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Warsaw||Hear about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway between East and West during your guided sightseeing tour. Visit the medieval STARE MIASTO (Old Town) with its market square and the 14th-century St. John's CATHEDRAL, a masterpiece of post-war reconstruction. Sightseeing also features the 'wedding cake' Palace of Culture and Science, the remnants of the Jewish ghetto, and a picture stop at the Ghetto Monument. Later, [LF] attend a PRIVATE CHOPIN CONCERT. Tonight, why not join an optional Polish dinner? (B)|
|Day 3||Vilnius||The next days are dedicated to the three small Baltic countries that quite recently regained their independence. Each has its own language and distinct culture. First, travel to Lithuania, the largest and southernmost of the three. Arrive in the capital, Vilnius, once the splendid center of the mighty Grand Duchy of Lithuania.Today's Distance: 342 mi / 550 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Vilnius||Vilnius' picturesque historic nucleus is clustered around the remains of a castle built by Prince Gediminas in 1323. Your Local Guide will accompany you on a walk from Cathedral Square through narrow, winding lanes to the OLD UNIVERSITY, founded by Jesuits in 1569. Also visit the KGB MUSEUM, and end your tour with a [LF] visit to Vilnius' artist quarter, UZUPIS. (B)|
|Day 5||Riga||Enjoy a scenic drive from the Neris River through a landscape of alternating dark forests, swamps, and lush pastures. Stop at the Hill of Crosses memorial site on your way to the Baltic port of Riga, the Latvian capital.Today's Distance: 174 mi / 280 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Riga||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the historic center on the right bank of the Daugava River and a walking tour of the OLD TOWN and the ART NOUVEAU QUARTER. Don't miss the opportunity to [LF] TASTE Riga Balsam (a traditional Latvian herbal liqueur) and Laima chocolate. The afternoon and evening are at leisure; exciting optional excursions are available. (B)|
|Day 7||Tallinn||Trace the coastline of the Gulf of Riga past the Estonian health resort of Parnu, a site inhabited since the early Stone Age, on your way to Tallinn, capital of the smallest of the Baltic countries. During your afternoon sightseeing with a Local Guide, discover the Hanseatic Old Town with its 15th-century Luhike Jalg Gate, and visit the onion-domed ALEXANDER NEVSKY CATHEDRAL and the medieval ST. NICHOLAS' CHURCH.Today's Distance: 211 mi / 340 km (B)|
|Day 8||Helsinki||This morning, travel by FERRY across the Baltic Sea to Helsinki. Guided sightseeing includes major sights, such as the City Hall and Parliament House, the great LUTHERAN CATHEDRAL, and the SIBELIUS MONUMENT. Browse for souvenirs in Helsinki's OPEN-AIR MARKET. Tonight, dinner has been prepared at the hotel to celebrate the success of your Baltic stay.Today's Distance: 37 mi / 60 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||Helsinki||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $460No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).