GLOBUS 2020/2021: Italian Escape (KIAX)
7 Day Tour from Rome to Venice
Experience the passion of Italy with a Globus Escape?without the crowds or high-season prices. You've heard about Italy-its mouth-watering cuisine, excellent wine, fabulous art, splendid beauty, ancient ruins, and remarkable architecture-now it's your turn to experience it all! On this Italy escorted tour, get a taste of what the country has to offer and explore its most famous cities: Rome, Florence, and Venice. Have your camera ready as you discover the historical sights of Rome, including St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel with its Michelangelo's world-famous ceiling paintings. Also visit the Colosseum, the ancient amphitheatre used for deadly gladiator contests. Take a step back in time as you get up close to ancient buildings and ruins to imagine what life was like thousands of years ago.Enjoy a walk through the Old Town of Assisi, and visit the Basilica of St. Francis, before arriving in Florence, known as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and often referred to as the art capital of Italy. Here, enjoy a light lunch and a guided walking tour that includes a visit to see Michelangelo's famous David statue. Spend time shopping for local Florentine goods. In Pisa, marvel at the spectacular Square of Miracles with its world-famous Leaning Tower. In romantic Venice, a private boat ride awaits. Visit the must-see sights, such as St. Mark's Square and Basilica, the Doges' Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. You'll also have time to explore the maze of streets and discover their hidden treasures. Or relax at an outdoor cafe in St. Mark's Square and enjoy this prime people-watching spot.Throughout this Italy escorted tour, Globus has arranged VIP access, so rather than waiting in long lines, you'll get right to the front at all the famous attractions. This gives you more time to experience the sights and more time to taste Italy's sumptuous cuisine, shop for Italian goods, explore the stunning churches and museums, and participate in optional excursions. Just imagine the memories you'll create on this fabulous Italian guided vacation at a price that's as enticing as a glass of wine and tiramisu!
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14740490
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||A fascinating day awaits. Your guided sightseeing includes inside visits of the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL where you can marvel at Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment. Visit monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Also, visit the magnificent COLOSSEUM next to the Roman Forum and the Arch of Constantine, and hear about the gladiators who fought here. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||Enjoy a morning break in the majestic medieval hilltop town of Assisi. Visit the massive 13th-century BASILICA OF ST. FRANCIS, the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. Enter Tuscany and arrive in Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' (B)|
|Day 4||Florence||During your walking tour with a Local Guide, visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS, home to Michelangelo's celebrated statue of David, admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Enjoy [LF] lunch next to Santa Croce Square with time to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Venice Island||This morning, drive to Pisa. In the spectacular Square of Miracles, take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower. Drive through the wooded Apennine Hills, known as the backbone of Italy, to Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. (B)|
|Day 6||Venice Island||Take a PRIVATE BOAT to join your Local Guide for a walking tour. Highlights are ST. MARK'S SQUARE, a favorite location for many movies, the byzantine BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE, and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also, watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of Venice. Wander through the narrow streets, and discover Rialto Bridge. You may wish to take an optional gondola serenade. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits to celebrate the success of your Italian Escape. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Venice Island||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $85, in twin $85, in triple $85Extra nights per person in Venice:in single room from $93 to $210, in twin from $92 to $176, in triple from $85 to $153
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).