Brochure Type: 2020 Luxury Gold Worldwide
Follow in the footsteps of the Vikings, as you uncover the innovative spirit, natural beauty and rich culture of Scandinavia. You'll learn about its nautical heritage during a private canal cruise in multi-coloured Gothenburg, appreciate cutting-edge architecture in pristine cities such as Copenhagen and stand in awe of deep and magnificent fjords. This legendary journey beautifully blends bold tales of the past with slick contemporary design and outstanding natural gems.
- Copenhagen: Get to know your fellow travellers in a relaxed atmosphere and over a meal of home-style cooking, during your Welcome Dinner at The Olive Kitchen and Bar.
- Stockholm: Join your fellow guests at Kaffegillet Gamla Stan, a local restaurant in the heart of the Old Town, where you will enjoy a meal typical of the region such as Venison stew or maybe Baltic-caught fish, served with seasonal vegetables and wine.
- Bergen: Zupperia Food Exchange is centrally-located beside Bergen Harbour and offers an Asian-Norwegian-European fusion style menu. Join your fellow travellers for a tasty meal, accompanied with wine or beer.
- Oslo: Raise a glass and toast to your Scandinavian adventure during your Celebration Dinner at one of the city's top restaurants, Grand Cafe Oslo.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Copenhagen: Explore with your Local Expert. See Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid on the harbour, the Renaissance Stock Exchange, Christiansborg Palace.
- Copenhagen: Led by your Local Expert, visit the Amalienborg Palaces, home to the Danish royal family, including Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary.
- Oresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It's the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 8 kilometres.
- Gothenburg: Become familiar with this cosmopolitan city during an orientation led by your Travelling Concierge.
- Gothenburg: Cruise through the charming Dutch-style waterways of Gothenburg aboard a private charter and learn about the region's culture and nautical history from your Local Expert.
- Vattern: As you journey across the stunning Swedish countryside, take a moment to admire the serene beauty of this picturesque lake.
- Stockholm: With a Local Expert, step inside the City Hall where the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall, is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles. You'll also see the Bla hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held.
- Stockholm: Wander through Gamla Stan, the Old Town, with your Local Expert to see the cathedral and the Royal Palace.
- Stockholm: See a perfectly-preserved warship from the 17th century at the Vasa Museum in Stockholm and marvel at its vast masts and detailed engravings.
- Stockholm: Sweden and Norway are known for their incredible scenery and you'll have the opportunity to appreciate it from the air as you relax on your included flight to Bergen.
- Bergen: Your Local Expert will guide you through the lively Fish Market its many stalls of handicrafts and souvenirs, before you have the chance to marvel at the 13th century Haakon's Hall.
- Bergen: You're invited to visit Troldhaugen, the former summer home of Edvard Grieg. See his villa where he composed his Romantic-era masterpieces and enjoy a moving musical recital, hosted in the museum's chamber music hall.
- Flam Railway: Journey on one of the world's steepest railways through tunnels that spiral in and out of the mountainside of the narrow Flam Valley.
- Geiranger: Explore this quaint town beside a phenomenal fjord during your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Lillehammer: Take a moment to explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Oslo: With your Local Expert, see Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour and the Royal Palace.
- Oslo: During your visit to the Viking Ship Museum, stand beneath the scrolled prows and hand-cut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Stockholm: Recently awarded Europe's Best Hotel and Best Restaurant in a Hotel at the International Hotel and Property Awards, At Six blends customised luxury and chic design with a collection of urbane restaurants, bars and lounges.
- Oslo: Visit the Hollmenkollen Ski Jump Museum after hours to learn about 4,000 years of skiing history. Toast to your Scandinavian adventures with a drink at the top of the ski jump with panoramic views of Oslo.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14743698
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Welcome to Copenhagen.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Copenhagen airport, you will be met and transferred to you centrally located hotel. The rest of the day is at your leisure to relax or perhaps explore some of the nearby attractions, including the world-famous Tivoli Gardens. At 17:30, meet your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine, hosted at a distinctive restaurant in the heart of the city. (Dinner with Wine)|
71 Nyhavn Hotel, Copenhagen.
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Highlights of Copenhagen.: Home to some of the world's happiest people, cutting-edge architecture and natural splendours, Copenhagen is the perfect introduction to the Nordic culture. Join your Local Expert for an insightful tour of the city, starting with seeing Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid gazing out from the harbour. See the Christiansborg Palace, seat of the Danish Government, and the Renaissance Stock Exchange. Finish your exploration with a visit to the Amalienborg Palaces, home to the Danish royal family, including Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps explore the city's cobbled lanes by bicycle, followed by a candle-lit dinner at a trendy cafe? Your Travelling Concierge is available to assist you with dinner reservations. (Breakfast)|
71 Nyhavn Hotel, Copenhagen.
|Day 3||Gothenburg||Oresund Bridge and Highlights of Gothenburg.: Travel across the iconic Oresund Bridge and tunnel, spanning the Oresund Strait and connecting Denmark to Sweden. Known for being the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe, this award-winning 8 kilometre structure offers stunning vistas of land and sea. Your journey continues along Sweden's west coast to the cosmopolitan port city of Gothenburg. On arrival in Gothenburg, step onboard your private charter for a sightseeing cruise through the city's charming Dutch-style waterways. Sail past wharves and shipyards and while your Local Expert shares insights into the region's culture and nautical history. The evening is at your leisure. Perhaps you'll stroll along the Kungsportsavenyen, Gothenburg's Grand Boulevard, to enjoy dinner in one of the many bistro's, trattoria's or restaurants. (Breakfast)|
Elite Plaza Hotel, Gothenburg.
|Day 4||Stockholm||Cross-country to Stockholm.: Travel cross-country, journeying towards Sweden's capital city, Stockholm. En route, marvel at the sight of stunning Vattern, allegedly home to a monster resembling Nessie of Loch Ness. On arrival in fashionable Stockholm, check into the elegant hotel At Six, recently awarded Europe's Best Hotel at the International Hotel and Property Awards. In the evening, join your fellow guests at Kaffegillet Gamla Stan, a local restaurant in the heart of the Old Town. Enjoy a meal typical of the region such as venison stew or maybe Baltic-caught fish, served with seasonal vegetables and wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
At Six, Stockholm.
|Day 5||Stockholm||Highlights of Stockholm.: Set upon 14 glistening islands, Stockholm is a model city of contemporary design, inspiring museums and extraordinary beauty. Join your Local Expert for an eye-opening tour of the city with visits to the City Hall's marvellous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall, and the Bla hallen, the Blue Hall, where the Nobel Prize banquets are held every year. Then continue to the medieval island heart of the city to view the cathedral, walk through the Old Town and see the Royal Palace. Your exploration comes to an end at the Vasa Museum, which houses the world-famous Vasa Galleon, a naval vessel that was salvaged from a shipping lane near Stockholm. Step into a world of nautical command, as you marvel at the grandeur of the world's only preserved 17th century ship, complete with intricately-carved decorations. Spend the evening at your leisure, perhaps strolling along Stockholm's promenade or enjoy a meal in your hotel's Dining Room, recently awarded Best Restaurant in a Hotel at the International Hotel and Property Awards. (Breakfast)|
At Six, Stockholm.
|Day 6||Bergen||Majestic Bergen.: Take in the mesmerising vistas of vast lakes and legendary forests, as you fly on your included flight from Sweden to Norway bound for the historic port city of Bergen. A favourite destination for travellers, Bergen is a masterpiece of colourful wooden houses, deep fjords and rolling hills. It's also home to a large student population, which brings a lovely vibrancy to the city. Once you've settled into your centrally located hotel, spend the day at leisure, perhaps take a stroll along the old Hanseatic Wharf dating back to the 14th century? In the evening venture to a local restaurant for a tasty meal served with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Bergen Bors Hotel.
|Day 7||Bergen||Edvard Grieg's Bergen.: Join your Local Expert for an insightful tour of this ancient Hanseatic port city, which still largely looks to the sea for its living. Start with a visit to the picturesque and lively Fish Market, set in a charming location in the heart of the city. Stroll past its many stalls where handicrafts and souvenirs are sold and continue on to the 13th century Haakon's Hall. You're invited for a special visit to Troldhaugen, the former summer home of Norway's renowned composer and pianist, Edvard Grieg. Situated on a promontory jutting into Lake Nordaas with outstanding views over the water, it offered the composer total tranquillity and inspiration for his music. See his villa, the wooden hut in which he composed his Romantic-era masterpieces, and the site where he and his wife are buried. Your visit concludes with a moving music recital, hosted in the museum's chamber music hall. (Breakfast)|
Bergen Bors Hotel.
|Day 8||Geiranger||The Flam Railway and Geiranger.: Bid farewell to Bergen, as you make your way to the Myrdal Station for a journey of a lifetime aboard the historic Flam Railway - an experience most people only dream about! Hailed as one of the world's most beautiful train journeys, the Flam Railway transports you past soaring snow-covered peaks, thundering waterfalls, and dramatic fjords. Marvel at the engineering genius of the railway, covering an impressive height difference of 866 metres. In the afternoon continue on to Geiranger and settle into your hotel set against a backdrop of fabulous fjord scenery and mountains. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Union Geiranger.
|Day 9||Geiranger||Fjord Adventure.: The village of Geiranger is a gateway to dramatic glaciers, fjords and endless hiking trails. Explore Geiranger Fjord Your Way, on one of two experiences. Your first choice is to embark on an adrenaline-fuelled RIB boat cruise. Along the way, you'll marvel at waterfalls and canyons and listen to tales about the people who once lived on the fjord farms. Your second choice is a spectacular guided kayaking adventure through the heart of the fjord. Paddle past quiet coves, magnificent waterfalls and awe-inspiring mountain ranges, as your guide fills you in on the local way of life. Rest assured no previous experience is needed. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Union Geiranger.
|Day 10||Oslo||Cross-country to Oslo.: Enjoy a full day of being driven through the most spectacular scenery imaginable, as you journey to Oslo. Sit back and take in views of lush farmlands, towering peaks and deep forests are complimented by picturesque timber cabins and small hamlets. Pass the Olympic town of Lillehammer on your way to Oslo, Norway's design-focused capital city. Settle into your luxurious hotel where modern and historic styles blend, and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Why not retreat to the hotel spa and pamper yourself with one of the many treatments on offer? (Breakfast)|
Grand Hotel Oslo.
|Day 11||Oslo||Highlights of Oslo.: Oslo is the hidden gem of Scandinavia, boasting everything from cutting-edge design and fascinating museums to a plethora of natural wonders, including fjords, waterways and rolling hills. Gain an insider's perspective during a guided city tour led by a passionate Local Expert. See the medieval spires and ramparts of the harbour-side Akershus Fortress, observe the opulent Royal Palace, and discover Norway's past when you visit the enlightening Viking Ship Museum. Continue to spectacular Frogner Park, where over 200 of Gustav Vigeland's intriguing sculptures are displayed, and see how he expertly portrayed human emotion through every life stage through his craft. In the afternoon, you're invited for an after-hours VIP visit to the Hollmenkollen Ski Jump museum, an iconic symbol of Norway, to explore 4,000 years of skiing history and to drink a toast at the top of the ski jump, while appreciating panoramic views of the city. Round off your memorable journey with a Celebration Dinner and wine at one of the city's top restaurants, Grand Cafe Oslo, as you toast to new friendships. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Hotel Oslo.
|Day 12||Oslo||Farewell Oslo.: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to the Oslo airport for your onward journey. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person and include internal economy airfare from Stockholm to Bergen. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure are limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class