Brochure Type: 2020 Europe & Britain Premium
This multi-layered journey takes you from the Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna to the mighty Parthenon in Athens and on to the shimmering Greek isles with a stopover in Corfu.
- Dubrovnik: You will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Ephesus: With your Local Expert, explore this Greco-Roman treasure, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Heraklion: While in Crete, join in a guided visit of the Palace of King Minos.
- Vienna: Let the sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace indulge your senses! Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road passing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Austrian Parliament Building, Opera House and Karlskirche.
- Maribor: Led by your Travel Director, explore this charming city, the second largest in Slovenia. Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert. Visit Korana Canyon to see the falls and Tomicevo Pogledalo for spectacular panoramic views.
- Trogir: See the cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Split: With a local historian, explore above and below ground within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's palace - now in the heart of modern-day Split. See Diocletian's Mausoleum, now St. Duje's and the Temple of Jupiter, now a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate.
- Split: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues through the old town. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to reach Narodni Trg, the centre of Old Split. Continue to Trg Brace Radic, translated as the Square of the Radic brothers, but better known to the locals as Vocni Trg, or the Fruit Square.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the old town to see Onofrio's Fountain, Rector's Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Kotor: Visit the old town situated on a beautiful bay and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Tirana: Enjoy guided sightseeing with your Local Expert.
- Corfu: Escape to this idyllic island by cruise, enjoying leisure time on the beach or insightful exploration.
- Corfu: Return to the mainland by cruise and continue your journey through Greece.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples.
- Delphi: Guided by your Local Expert pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious oracle.
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you'll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Athens: See the Arch of Hadrian, erected in honour of the Roman Emperor and used as a divider between the ancient city and the new Roman district, along with the remaining columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Mediterranean Legends Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14755574
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna.: Leave Vienna airport for your hotel with transfers provided at 10:00, 13:00 or 15:30. Vienna is famous for its delicious coffee and pastries so why not stroll to a local cafe after checking in? At 17:30, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Vienna||Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.: Vienna owes much of its present-day charm to the long reign of the Habsburgs. Join your Local Expert for a private visit of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace and its formal gardens. Then, take some great photos on a circuit of the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built along the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Zagreb||Zagreb's Twin Towns.: Head through Styria's forested mountains, past Graz and over the Slovenian border to reach the 700-year-old university town of Maribor. Follow the Drava River through Croatia before heading for its capital, Zagreb, to explore with your Local Expert. Donji Grad, the Lower Town, is devoted to business, art and spacious parks, where streets are wide and airy and the layout is designed to give a sense of grandeur. See the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square and continue to Ban Josip Jelacic Square en route to the cathedral. Board the city's funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town. It's a network of little streets, stretching between the Kaptol and Gradec hills. View the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower. (Breakfast)|
Sheraton Zagreb Hotel.
|Day 4||Plitvice Lakes||The Crystal Lakes of Plitvice.: Take this morning to relax and enjoy your hotel's facilities. In the afternoon depart for your next hotel, located inside the Plitvice Lakes National Park. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, this is Croatia's first and largest national park of Croatia. While the park is predominately forests and grasslands, the true highlight are the interconnected lakes that cascade from one to another. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Lyra, Licko Petrovo Selo, Plitvice Lakes.
|Day 5||Split||Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split.: With a Local Expert, explore the Plitvice Lakes, a scenic wonderland of 16 lakes flanked by thundering waterfalls and primeval forest. Enjoy a short cruise through the winding greenery and take in the natural beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage site. See Veliki Slap, the highest waterfall in the park and Tomicevo Pogledalo for views over the park. Travel along the coast and visit Trogir, founded by the Greeks more than 2300 years ago. and renowned for its beautiful cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace. Continue to the historic port of Split. (Breakfast)|
Hotel President Solin, Split.
|Day 6||Dubrovnik||Diocletian's Palace.: Your Local Expert will lead you through the labyrinthine streets and arcaded squares. See St. Duje's, which was originally Diocletian's Mausoleum and the Temple of Jupiter, which today is a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate. Venture into the basement rooms, thought to have housed the Emperor's slaves. Travel alongside sparkling deep blue seas and the rocky islands of the Dalmatian coast to Dubrovnik. For dinner, choose from a selection of hand-picked, local restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik (Superior Rooms).
|Day 7||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.: The walled town of Dubrovnik, was once described as 'paradise on earth,' according to George Bernard Shaw. Join a walking exploration of the city, guided by a Local Expert. Get a glimpse into local life, as you explore the stone-paved streets inside the 16th century bastions of the Old Town. Walk past Onofrio's Fountain, see the Old Jewish Quarter and the synagogue, and marvel at the grandeur of the cathedral and the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries. The remainder of your stay is yours to explore as you wish. Perhaps soak up the sun by your hotel's pool, relax at a cafe or embark on an optional cruise? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik (Superior Rooms).
|Day 8||Tirana||Scenic Drive to Kotor and Tirana.: Just over the border, visit the old town of Kotor. Admire the bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its still azure waters lapping at the edge of the medieval towns, dotted between the surrounding mountains. Then travel through the spectacular scenery of Montenegro and Albania and continue to the fascinating capital of Tirana. Led by your Local Expert, explore this warmhearted and colourful city, and see the diverse relics that remain from its Ottoman, Italian and communist past. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Plaza Tirana.
|Day 9||Corfu||Across to Corfu.: Journey across Albania to Greece where you set sail for the cobalt-blue waters of Corfu. Renowned since Odysseus for its untamed beauty and strategic position in the Mediterranean, Corfu remains an island where it is easy to escape the crowds and relax. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Divani Corfu/Cavalieri Hotel, Corfu.
|Day 10||Corfu||Relax in Corfu.: Enjoy a full day at leisure to relax and enjoy the beautiful island of Corfu. Perhaps explore the Old Town and admire the interesting mix of architectural styles, from Roman and Venetian to French and British, each resembling an era of the island's interesting past before it was united with Greece. Alternatively, you may want to lay-back and unwind at one of the incredible beaches nearby, or board a cruise for stunning views around the island? (Breakfast)|
Divani Corfu/Cavalieri Hotel, Corfu.
|Day 11||Delphi||Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World.: Set off from your island paradise for Delphi, a spectacular cliff-side amphitheatre and worthy of its status as the centre of the ancient world. History and mythology run deep here, with finds of ritual artefacts that date back to 4,000 B.C and remains of a Mycenaean settlement. It is said that Delphi is the location where two eagles crossed paths, after they were released by Zeus from opposite end of the universe to find 'the navel of the world.' (Breakfast)|
Amalia Delphi/Aegili Arachova, Delphi.
|Day 12||Athens||Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens.: Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi with your Local Expert. Pass the Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians and Polygonal Wall with its interlocking stones still perfectly intact after thousands of years. You'll approach the Temple of Apollo, where for 14 centuries the mysterious Oracle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic 'words,' rumoured to have successfully predicted events related to the Argonauts expedition and the Trojan War. Your travels then continue to the ancient city of Athens, the modern capital of Greece. In the evening, enjoy a hearty Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant in true Greek style, complete with wine and good cheer. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Divani Caravel/Crowne Plaza Athens City Centre.
|Day 13||Athens||The Glory of Athens.: Join a Local Expert for a morning of city sightseeing. Enjoy the glory of ancient Greece from the Acropolis with the Parthenon, Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion. You will also see the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Arch of Hadrian. This afternoon is yours to explore at your own pace. (Breakfast)|
Divani Caravel Hotel/Crowne Plaza Athens City Center.
|Day 14||Athens||Depart Athens: Your journey comes to an end with a transfer to Athens airport. (Breakfast)|
- Twin prices are per person. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe. (4a) These departures will stay at a hotel of similar standard in Vienna.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class