2020Imperial Rajasthan with ME to WE - end Mumbai, Summer 2020
Brochure Type: 2020 Luxury Gold Worldwide
We invite you to join a luxury heritage journey through timeless Rajasthan, where maharajahs built forts and lavish palaces towering over desert cities. Along the way, stay like royalty in palatial hotels and gain in-depth insights into local life. Look forward to a delicious dinner, prepared over hot coals at a lamp-lit camp among the Kanoi sand dunes and be welcomed into the homes of local people during your village safari in Jodhpur. You then join a life-changing ME to WE Culturally Immersive Experience, with the opportunity to contribute to a sustainability project in a local village. Explore the vibrant countryside culture, learn about the everyday lives of the locals and participate in a series of rejuvenating yoga sessions. ME to WE is honoured to provide travellers with a truly transformative experience. Leave a legacy. Leave a positive impact.
- Delhi: Regularly rated as one of India's very finest restaurants, The Spice Route is a feast for all of your senses. Incredible artworks are as impressive as the delicious menu.
- Ranakpur: Learn the kitchen secrets of the chef of one of Ranakpur's finest hotels in our cooking demonstration of local specialities and lunch.
- Udaipur: Showcasing the best of Indian cuisine, your delicious Celebration Dinner is set in the perfect environment to toast your time in India.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 6 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 7 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW). Festive Highlight Dinner: 16 Dec departure includes a Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Jodhpur.
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu New Year. Refer to dates and date chart notes to find out which departures travel during these wonderful, cultural experiences.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit a Sikh temple and community kitchen before ending the day with a guided tour of the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Agra: Take a walk through the local markets and enjoy the colours and craftsmanship of the local sellers.
- Agra: Head on the Mughal Heritage Walk and meet the locals who reside close to the Taj Mahal.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Join your Travelling Concierge who will show you the marvel of Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds.
- Jaipur: Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Jaisalmer: Visit Garhi Sagar Lake and Fort.
- Jaisalmer: Visit the local markets and experience desert life.
- Bishnoi: Take a jeep safari and experience rural village life as you are welcomed by the local community.
- Jodhpur: Visit Mehrangarh Fort.
- Jodhpur: Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar Market.
- Ranakpur: Visit the fortified Jain temple complex.
- Udaipur: Visit the City Palace complex, a testimony to the Rajput passion for art and architecture.
- Udaipur: Visit the Jagdish Temple and Garden of the Maids of Honour.
- Aravalli Mountains: Connect with community members by learning about their daily lives.
- Aravalli Mountains: Participate in a sustainable international development project.
- Aravalli Mountains: Explore nature as you walk through the hills of the Aravalli Mountain Range.
- Aravalli Mountains: Experience many of India's age-old traditions led by your local guide.
- Delhi: Set in the heart of bustling Gurgaon, the beautiful gardens, courtyards and reflection pools of the Trident fill you with a sense of calm, before retreating to your luxurious and stylish room.
- Delhi: A prestigious award winning luxury hotel located in the heart of Delhi with magnificient Heritage. The Imperial Hotel is simply stunning with its colonial elegance, luxuriously decorated rooms and award winning dining.
- Jaisalmer: Situated close to the Thar Desert, the magnificent Suryagarh is testimony to the pomp and panoply of Rajputana, juxtaposed with every modern convenience.
- Udaipur: Built in the style of a grand Maharaja's palace, The Leela Palace Udaipur evokes the mystique of a bygone age where refined service and regal majesty combine to present an unparalleled experience.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Enjoy tea and pakoras on a rooftop with exceptional views. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- Jaipur: Savour a locally inspired high tea in a private living room of the Maharaja, within the Jaipur City Palace. Explore rooms not open to other visitors and see the spectacular crystal table handcrafted by renowned artisan Rene Lalique.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14886880
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot of Old and New.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to Delhi, a city with the perfect blend of history and colourful modern life. On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your hotel. At 19:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner at the critically acclaimed The Spice Route restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Imperial, Delhi.
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: In the morning you'll be taken to Old Delhi, driving past the Red Fort, the main residence of the Mughal dynasty until 1856. View this magnificent building from outside before heading on a guided tour of Jama Masjad, one of the largest mosques in India. Experience Delhi Your Way. Meet a well-known chef for a local foodie walk in Old Deli, where you'll witness the creation of Delhi's famous street food snacks. Alternatively, visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO world Heritage Site, with lunch. Explore the winding streets of lively Chandni Chowk in local fashion via an exhilarating rickshaw ride. In the afternoon visit a Sikh temple and visit its community kitchen, a place preparing and serving free vegetarian meals to those in need. Later, drive past the impressive President Palace, India gate and Parliament House, before ending the day with a tour of Humayun's Tomb with your Travelling Concierge. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Imperial, Delhi.
|Day 3||Agra||Agra and the views of the Taj Mahal.: In the morning, you'll begin your journey to Agra where you will visit the impressive fort. The main residence of the emperors of the Mughal Dynasty, this historical fort is made up of a number of impressive buildings, including the Shish Mahal or 'glass palace' and the The Muthamman Burj. Later, you'll be checked into your hotel, the beautiful Mughal, with its elegantly landscaped gardens and contemporary decor. Stay in your hotel and enjoy its invigorating facilities or head on a Mughal heritage walk, where you'll get to meet locals and learn more about their life and the history of the area. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 4||Jaipur||Sunrise at the Taj and Jaipur, the Pink City.: At sunrise, visit the illustrious phenomenon that is the Taj Mahal, a monument of love and flawless architectural creation, built by an emperor in memory of his beloved queen. After breakfast, you'll begin your journey to Jaipur, more affectionately known as the 'Pink City', after the whole city was painted pink in 1876 for a visit from Queen Victoria. Along the way, lunch will be served at the lavish Laxmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur. You'll continue your journey to Jaipur where you will stay at the grand Hotel Fairmont. Dinner will be served at the hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Ascend by jeep to Amber Fort, with its royal halls decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors, glass and exquisite paintings. Today you'll experience India's spiritual majesty, with a special blessing ceremony at Amber Fort. In the afternoon take a city tour of Jaipur and see the Hawa Mahal, or the Palace of Winds, and visit the City Palace Museum and royal observatory. Later, you're in for a treat with a VIP experience of Indian inspired high tea at City Palace, exclusive to Luxury Gold guests. Go behind the scenes and walk in the private rooms of the Maharajas of Jaipur before sitting down and indulging on some warm tea and traditional Indian snacks and sweets. In the evening choose to relax at your hotel or head to a Jaipur flower and spice market. (Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)|
|Day 6||Bikaner||Exploring Bikaner.: Journey to the city of Bikaner to have lunch before exploring the city. See the Junagarh Fort, a huge complex of ornate buildings and halls. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Narendra Bhawan, Bikaner.
|Day 7||Jaisalmer||The Sun City, Jaisalmer.: This afternoon continue through the Great Thar Desert to the trade route town of Jaisalmer, crowned by its hilltop fortress. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Jaisalmer||Jaisalmer Sightseeing.: Embark on a city exploration of Jaisalmer, visiting Gadisar Lake and the Fort, built in 1156, that is still in use today. Pass by the local market where you can witness desert life at its best. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. No visit to Jaisalmer is complete without a trip to the rippling sand dunes. Savour a dinner accompanied by the gentle melodies of a local musician and worthy company, as you watch the sunset together. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Jodhpur||The Blue City of Jodhpur.: Follow the ancient silk routes to the Blue City of Jodhpur, appropriately named after the blue walls of its buildings. Head to your luxury hotel, the WelcomHotel Jodphur, set against the vast Thar Desert, where you can unwind by the pool or in its wellness centre before your evening activities begin. Visit Jodhpur market and enjoy a tuk-tuk ride through its bright and dynamic streets before sitting down to dinner back at your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Jodhpur||Explore Mehrangarh Fort.: In the morning head to a local village by jeep before meeting its residents and enjoying lunch there. Later, visit Jodphur city and take in the mighty Mehrangargh Fort. Set on a cliff 30 metres above the city skyline and white marble Jaswant Thada, it holds one of the most well-stocked museums in Rajasthan. Delve into its history before an evening at leisure. Ask your Travelling Concierge for recommendations on where to dine. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 11||Udaipur||Udaipur, Venice of the East.: Travel to Ranakpur, the temple town of Rajasthan. Explore the elaborate carvings and classic architecture of the sprawling Jain temples, which are regarded as perhaps the best in the country. At lunch, you will learn from a local chef during your included cooking demonstration, where you'll get to don your own chef's hat and try to recreate these classic local dishes yourself. Continue through the undulating countryside to Udaipur, the beautiful City of Lakes, where you'll stay at the esteemed Leela Palace. This five-star accommodation is situated on Lake Pichola and welcomes its guests with traditional music and a shower of rose petals. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Leela Palace Udaipur.
|Day 12||Udaipur||Udaipur Sightseeing.: Explore the City Palace complex and wander through the markets and bazaars to visit the Jagdish Temple, as well as the Garden of the Maids of Honour. Perhaps, take time out to unwind and find balance at your hotel's renowned wellness spa, which offers ancient treatments such as reflexology, Indian head massages and hot-stone massages. Cruise the serene waters of Lake Pichola, before enjoying a special Celebration Dinner at the landmark Sunset Terrace. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Leela Palace Udaipur.
|Day 13||Araveli||From Udaipur to your lodge.: Enjoy breakfast at The Leela Palace before meeting your ME to WE guide and travelling to the rural surroundings for a stay at the bespoke Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp. During your stay, dine al-fresco and enjoy outstanding meals with a range of cuisine from locally-inspired dishes to western favourites. After a quick lodge orientation, enjoy lunch and then learn a few words of Hindi before visiting the community and seeing projects underway. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 14||Araveli||The Locals of Araveli.: Start the day with optional light morning yoga at sunrise, overlooking the Araveli mountain range. Following breakfast, spend time with the women of the community and learn what daily life in rural India is like. Participate in a cooking class and learn how these women cater for up to 14 people for each meal. After lunch, meet a local farmer and hear about his life in agriculture and the local farming processes and methods he uses. Then, return to the project site where you will participate firsthand in a sustainable development project. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 15||Araveli||Explore Araveli.: Participate in an optional sunrise nature walk with your ME to WE guide, exploring the local flora and fauna. Return to site and continue making progress on your community project. After lunch, unwind and try your hand at traditional crafts like tie-dying and block-printing. Connect with a community member as you join a women's or men's circle to hear their personal stories and participate in meaningful discussions. With the afternoon at leisure, enjoy the serenity and scenery of your hotel's surrounds or there is time to visit a local market, should you wish to do so. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 16||Udaipur||Depart Udaipur, fly to Mumbai.: Begin the day with an optional light morning yoga at sunrise, overlooking the Araveli mountain range. Your journey draws to a close with a transfer to Udaipur airport for your flight to Mumbai. For those continuing on, please do not schedule connecting flights before 23:00 from Mumbai. For those taking an early morning flight the following day, and needing to stay overnight at a hotel close to the airport, post-trip accommodation with included transfers is available. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person and include an optional internal economy airfare to return to Delhi or end in Mumbai. Visas: Visas are required for this trip, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. Group Size: For departures with less than 5 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. (1a) Indian Festivals: This departure experiences Diwali in Udaipur. (1b) Festive Highlight Dinner: This departure experiences Holi in Udaipur. (1c) Festive Highlight Dinner: Christmas Eve in Udaipur. (1d) Indian Festivals: 19 Oct This departure experiences Dusherra Festival in Jaisalmer, 04 Jan This departure experiences Makar Sankranti Festival in Udaipur, 08 Feb This departure experiences Basant Panchmi Festival in Udaipur, 08 Mar This departure experiences Mahashiv Ratil Festival in Jaipur and 04 Apr This departure experiences Gangaur Teej Festival in Udaipur. (3a) This departure has dinner and Diwali celebrations with a local family in lieu of the Celebration Dinner. (3b) This departure celebrates Holi festival and dinner with a local family in lieu of dinner at 1135 A.D. restaurant.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class