Tropical Hawaiian Paradise Escape - Dec 2020 - Mar 2021
Brochure Type: USA Comeback Campaign 2021
Aloha 'oe I ko Hawaii, a remote paradise where history, culture and beauty combine for the perfect holiday destination. Wander vibrant Waikiki from your oceanfront resort, take a memorable trip to Pearl Harbor National Memorial and explore the rich ecology, culture and stories of kings and queens of the archipelago's past. Discover unique cultural experiences in Upcountry Maui and farm-to-table dining using only locally sourced Hawaiian produce. This trip is part of Insight Vacations' Domestic Escapes, a selection of local journeys that featured a max of 22 guests, staggered seating on the coach and the potential to have a double seat if travelling solo. Insight Vacations has new measures in place to allow for comfortable physical distancing all while guests explore close to home.
- O'ahu: Join with your Travel Director and new friends for a Welcome Dinner at Duke's Waikiki on Waikiki Beach, where you'll enjoy great island favorites.
- Maui: Choose from a selection of Dine Around experiences at the acclaimed restaurants of the resort or experience a traditional Polynesian event at Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, where you'll have a VIP dining seat to watch a show of hula dancing, fire-dancing and song while diving into an all-you-can-eat buffet full of local specialties.
- Maui: Savour a Farm-and-Sea-to-Table Lunch at Pacific'o in Lahaina served on the beach, with uninterrupted views of the blue Pacific Ocean.
- Maui: Lunch at the unusually located Haillemaile General Store, which has attracted locals and food connoisseurs from around the world for more than three decades.
- Maui: Celebrate the last evening of your trip with your Travel Director and fellow travelers at one of the hotel's award-winning restaurants.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Maui: A Local Expert provides a fascinating presentation of the ecology of the islands and how different species have evolved into the unique, yet delicate life forms that survive today. This private event is exclusively for Insight Vacation guests.
- O'ahu: Pay tribute to the service men and women of the United States Armed Forces at the serene National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, originally opened in 1949.
- O'ahu: A Local Expert Your Travel Director will take you around the important landmarks of the Historic District in downtown Honolulu, including statues and buildings of significance in Hawaiian history.
- O'ahu: Drive through the exciting area of Honolulu's Chinatown, home to hawkers selling their wares in the market, alongside noodle stands and independent galleries. See hip bars in converted lofts and the art deco Hawaii Theater Center.
- O'ahu: Walk through the open-air International Market Place, home to over 80 curated stores and Waikiki's largest collection of restaurants at the open-air Grand Lanai.
- O'ahu: A scenic drive lets you admire the rugged eastern coastline of Oahu, with mesmerizing views of, beaches, such as Hanauma Bay, the Halona Blowhole and the 'most dangerous beach in America' Sandy Beach.
- O'ahu: See marvelous museum displays on the pivotal events at Pearl Harbor. Step aboard the magnificent USS Arizona Memorial and travel back through time listening to the award-winning National Park Services' USS Arizona Memorial Audio Tour.
- O'ahu: Your Local Expert takes you on a private guided visit of Iolani Palace, home to the Hawaiian monarchy until the archipelago became the 50th State of the United States. Admire the precious artifacts found throughout.
- Maui: Choose from a guided tour at the Maui Gold Pineapple Plantation or the Maui Golden Bee Experience with an experienced Beekeeper. Alternatively, enjoy a visit to Hali'imaile Distillery & Makai Glass Maui.
- Maui: Visit the sacred state park of Iao Valley, with the towering Iao Needle set against emerald peaks. Hear about the ferocious battle here that changed the course of history for Hawaii.
- Maui: Check out the Lahaina Historic District with your Travel Director, seeing the significant places of this former capital city of Hawaii and whaling port, home to the 150-year old Banyan Tree, and what is left of King Kamehameha I Brick Palace.
- Maui: Discover the charming town of Makawao, previously listed as one of the top 25 arts destinations in the United States. This eclectic town has preserved its old facades and is now a thriving hub with one foot still in its plantation past.
- Maui: Join the evening program at 'the World's Best Hotel for Stargazing' to have the skies clearly mapped out for you.
- We have enhanced our existing hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.
- All Travel Directors and Drivers have been trained by our fully qualified Training Manager in well-being and hygiene protocols.
- Our Travel Directors are also trained to react and activate protocol should any unexpected issues arise on the trip.
- Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches with staggered/alternate seating for a maximum of 22 guests.
- Solo travellers will be assigned double seats.
- Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for our guests to use throughout the day.
- We only work with establishments that we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which includes hotels, restaurants, sightseeing venues.
- Our operations and guest support teams are on call 24/7, so you can rest assured that you're in good hands.
- While sightseeing guests to be allowed immediate entry on arrival with no queuing.
- The venues Insight Vacations travels to all have physical distancing measures in all public areas.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15010267
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Hawaii||Welcome to Hawaii: On arrival at Honolulu airport, you'll be greeted with a fragrant flower lei. Transfer to your Waikiki Beach resort, overlooking the famous beach and Pacific Ocean. Relax and settle in or explore vibrant Waikiki before meeting your Travel Director at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at Duke's Waikiki on the Beach, named after the legend Duke Kahanamoku who grew up swimming, surfing, canoeing and bodysurfing in this very location. (Dinner with Wine)|
Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, Ocean View Rooms
|Day 2||Honolulu||Honolulu Sightseeing: Head for the Pearl Harbor National Memorial, where you will skip the ticket lines and start at the Visitor Center. See the displays of three fascinating museums that tell the story of the Pearl Harbor attack and World War II. Next, board a Navy shuttle to the to the magnificent USS Arizona Memorial, that straddles the sunken battleship, where 1,102 of the 1,177 sailors and Marines killed on board have their final rest. Continue to the National Memorial cemetery of the Pacific, also known as Punchbowl Cemetery, which honors those who have given their lives in service to the United States Armed Forces. Head for Honolulu's Historic District where your Travel Director will take you back to a time when kings and queens ruled the islands, and show you the most beautiful historic buildings, as well as the more modern Hawaii State Capitol, with its richly symbolic architecture. Conclude your downtown exploration with a private guided visit to Iolani Palace, former home to Hawaiian royalty and now a National Historic Landmark; it is the only royal palace on American soil. Wander through Chinatown, bustling with traditional dim sum restaurants, noodle shops and hip loft bars, passed crowded Asian markets stuffed with antiques. You'll also feel an arty vibe, with independent galleries, the art deco Hawaii Theatre Center and admire the striking green roof of the Buddhist Kuan Yin Temple. The evening is yours to spend as you please. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Oahu||Oahu's Eastern Shores: Explore the picture-perfect beaches on the stunningly rugged eastern coast of Oahu, right up to the windswept cliffs of the Nu'uanu Pali Lookout. Drive along the base of Diamond Head and take in the breathtaking views of Hanauma Bay, sheltered in the remains of a volcanic crater. Stop at the Halona Blowhole Lookout, a natural wonder with bursting geysers of water. Next is Halona Beach Cove, made famous by the movie 'From Here to Eternity.' Hug the coastline on a scenic drive taking you up into the rainforest for amazing panoramas. Return to Waikiki, where you have the choice of being dropped at the International Market Place, to explore the uniquely Hawaiian open-air area that is home to more than 80 curated stores and an extraordinary collection of fine restaurants, including eateries with award-winning chefs such as Michael Mina and Roy Yamaguchi. Alternatively, return to the resort for an afternoon at leisure. Your Travel Director will help you plan some activities. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Kahului||Honolulu to Kahului: Fly to Kahului on Maui island, known as 'The Valley Isle'. This tropical paradise consistently voted 'Best Island in the World' by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure readers, has a variety of inviting beaches and island attractions. Stop at historically significant Iao Needle State Park to view the iconic 1,200 Iao Needle and hear more about the Battle of Kelaniya, fought here in 1790. Lunch is served at Pacific'o in Lahaina where you'll enjoy a farm-and-sea-to-table lunch served right on the beachfront. In the afternoon, you can follow your Travel Director who will point out highlights of Lahaina Historic District or wander at your own pace along Front Street, ranked one of the 'Top Ten Greatest Streets' by the American Planning Association. Arrive at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa on 40 acres of glorious beachfront, your home for the next three nights. For your dining pleasure, you can choose from a selection of Dine Around experiences at the acclaimed restaurants of the resort or a traditional Drums of the Pacific Lu'au celebration with hula dances, songs, fire-dancing and an all-you-can-eat-buffet filled with Polynesian delights. (Breakfast / Highlight Lunch / Dine Around dinner )|
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Ocean View Rooks
|Day 5||Maui||Maui Upcountry Tour: Spend the morning at leisure. Then explore Upcountry Maui, home to rural communities, where boutique farms grow everything from onions to lavender. You'll find pineapple growers and renowned painters, sculptors, ceramic and glass workers working out of beautiful art galleries. Dine at Hali'imaile General Store for a delicious farm-to-table lunch, full of locally sourced produce. Chef Beverly Gannon, Maui's favorite chef, is at the heart of this longtime dining classic, that has a unique menu, featuring a blend of fresh Hawaiian flavors and local Asian influence, prepared with modern style. After lunch, choose from three unique experiences; a visit to Maui Gold Pineapple Plantation, where you can see the fields full of this sweet fruit, before taking one home to sample, or accompany a beekeeper on the Maui Golden Bee Experience to learn about the vital importance of bees for many crops, while in full protective safety gear. Another alternative is a visit to Hali'imaile Distillery, where you'll see authentic Hawaiian spirits being created, followed by Makai Glass Maui Fine Art Gallery & Glassblowing Studio to see hot molten glass being sculpted into whales, turtles and dolphins. Return to Kaanapali Beach, with a brief stop in charming Makawao, renowned for its thriving arts community and Paniolo heritage. As night falls, marvel at Maui's clear skies with a rooftop astronomy program at the resort, named the World's Top Hotel for Stargazing (with Mother Nature's cooperation). (Breakfast / Highlight Lunch)|
|Day 6||Kaanapali Beach||Kaanapali Beach: This morning experience a truly authentic, non-commercial, interactive encounter with Hawaiian culture through various traditional Hawaiian arts and crafts and meet cultural practitioners who will become your kumus (teachers). They will explain the importance of these arts and crafts from ancient Hawaii for the present and future. Some arts and crafts you may enjoy are: lei making, learning the importance of lei making and how their composition have different meanings; lauhala weaving, using leaves to make mats; kapa print making, an art form where the paper mulberry plant is made into beautiful fabric, naturally dyed and embossed with geometric designs; hula dancing, where you'll learn the stories that connect you to Hawaiian ancestral knowledge; and ukulele playing, the national instrument of Hawaii. In the afternoon, you can do as you please before meeting a Local Expert for a private presentation on the ecology of the Hawaiian archipelago. It's rare that new species arrive to the islands, due to their remote location, but those that do have evolved in ways particular only to this environment. Join with your fellow travelers for a festive Celebration Dinner this evening, toasting your remarkable trip through these islands. (Breakfast / Celebration Dinner)|
|Day 7||Maui||Depart Maui: Wave farewell to Hawaiian hospitality, scenic beauty and rich culture on your transfer to Kahului Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class