This European tour is a sample of some of the major highlights of Europe. Enjoy a guided sightseeing of Amsterdam on board a canal cruise, the only proper way to experience the 700-year-old capital! In both Heidelberg and Lucerne, discover the must-see sights on a walking tour, including Heidelberg's Old Town and Lucerne's Bourbaki Panorama, a circular painting dating to 1881 and depicting memorable scenes from the Franco-Prussian War. In Beaune, taste the Burgundy wine and visit the impressive Hotel Dieu. Your Paris sightseeing includes a Seine cruise, with great views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. This European tour also includes majestic scenery, a romantic Rhine cruise, a stop at the spectacular Rhine Falls, Europe's largest waterfall, and an overnight stay in Burgundy. A European sampler tour cannot miss the opportunity to taste the regional specialties of each area, and Globus has taken care of this for you. Enjoy dinner and a beer at a charming local restaurant in Heidelberg, and coffee with traditional homemade Black Forest Cake in Germany's Black Forest. Fascinating sightseeing, spectacular scenery, tasty local food, expert Local Guides, and a Tour Director ready to bring these destinations to lifewhat more can you ask for in a European vacation?
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15080356
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D) |
|Day 2||Amsterdam||Meet your Local Guide and hear about the fascinating history of the 700-year-old capital during a leisurely CANAL CRUISE. Admire the patrician mansions and the gabled facades; the 'Golden Bend,' the most prestigious part of the Herengracht and a monument to the Golden Age; the Stopera, Amsterdam's proud concert hall; the Hermitage, a branch museum of the Hermitage Museum of St. Petersburg; and much more. Also visit a major DIAMOND CENTER. For those who wish to experience Dutch life in the countryside, an optional excursion is available to picture-book Volendam, a fishing village at the former Zuiderzee, including visits to a working windmill, a clogmaker, a cheese farm, plus dinner. (B)|
|Day 3||Rhineland||Pass the Dutch region near Arnhem, best known as the locale ofA Bridge Too Far, and enter Germany. Today's highlight is a romantic RHINE CRUISE. Sit back, relax, and enjoy views of centuries-old castles, cozy towns, and vineyards. Continue to Heidelberg for a pleasant walk through the OLD TOWN to the Marktplatz (market square), from where you can take pictures of the famous red-walled ruins of Heidelberg Castle, followed by [LF] dinner with beer at Kulturbrauerei Heidelberg restaurant.Today's Distance: 342 mi / 550 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Enter the lush valleys and pine-clad hills of the BLACK FOREST, famous for cuckoo clocks. Be welcomed by a local woodcarver, and see samples of his work during a WOODCARVING DEMONSTRATION. Then, enjoy Kaffee und Schwarzwaldkuchen (coffee and the traditional homemade Black Forest Cake). On the Swiss border, take pictures of the thundering RHINE FALLS before continuing to Lucerne. Start your walking tour with a visit to [LF] the impressive BOURBAKI PANORAMA, Edouard Castres' circular painting dating back to 1881, depicting scenes of the Franco-Prussian War. Also admire Thorwaldsen's LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. See the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the walled Old Town, and cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church.Today's Distance: 242 mi / 390 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Lucerne||A whole day at leisure in this picturesque town with lots of things to do: shop for Swiss watches, knives, and chocolate. Choose from a selection of optional excursions to Mount Pilatus, the 'Guard of Lucerne,' a lake cruise, or a folklore dinner party with a chance to yodel or blow an alphorn. (B)|
|Day 6||Dijon||Leave the Alps behind you and enter the scenic French countryside on your way to the vineyards of Burgundy. Stop in the pretty town of Beaune, where a [LF] WINE TASTING awaits at the renowned Marche aux Vins wine cellar. Also visit the HOTEL DIEU, originally founded in 1443 as a hospital for the poor, before continuing to Dijon for your overnight stay.Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km (B)|
|Day 7||Paris||Enjoy views of castles on your way to Versailles, where a guided visit of the 17th-century PALACE AND GARDENS has been included. This former hunting chateau, built by Louis XIII, was transformed into a magnificent palace by the Sun King, Louis XIV, and housed the French kings until the French Revolution. Arrive in Paris, where an optional excursion is available to try out local specialties in one of its lively restaurants, followed by a drive for a first look at the French capital.Today's Distance: 236 mi / 380 km (B)|
|Day 8||Paris||Discover the world's heart of chic and style with a Local Guide. Admire its major sites: the Opera, Arc de Triomphe, and Champs-Elysees. Enjoy a relaxing SEINE CRUISE with spectacular views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. Time to further explore on your own or to join an optional excursion to the impressive Louvre Museum with the Mona Lisa. Tonight, dinner and a lively cabaret show at one of Paris' nightclubs might just be the ticket! (B)|
|Day 9||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $710No triple room reductionAdditional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).