This affordable tour of Spain and Portugal will introduce you to an exciting Iberian adventure with fascinating cities and cultural discoveries. Spend three nights in Madrid, two nights in both Seville and Lisbon, and one night in Coimbra. Enjoy sightseeing with a Local Guide-an expert in the city's history and sights-in Lisbon, Seville, and Madrid. The included city tours focuses on the must-see sights, including Seville's impressive Plaza d'Espana, built for the Ibero-American Exposition in 1929, and Lisbon's Belem Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built around 1514 to commemorate the expedition of Vasco de Gama and to defend the port of Lisbon. Today, it is a reminder of Portugal's Golden Age. In Madrid, you will see the Puerta del Sol (the gate of the sun) to admire the impressive architecture of the wide alleys crossing the city center.Visit highlights on this affordable tour of Spain and Portugal include the Marian Sanctuary at Fatima, a popular pilgrimage site where the Virgin Mary appeared to three local children in 1917. Visit Obidos, a fortified city still flanked by towers and bastions overlooking the countryside dotted with windmills, and explore Moorish Cordoba, and Salamanca, where you can stroll the Plaza Mayor, considered the most beautiful square in Spain.From the larger cities to the idyllic countryside and landscapes, this value-minded tour through Spain and Portugal is sure to delight.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243694
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to start exploring lively Madrid. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Coimbra||Visit fortified Avila with its intact medieval city walls, then on to Salamanca. Be sure to spend some time wandering around Salamanca's Plaza Mayor, considered the most beautiful square in Spain. Journey into the valley of the Serra da Estrela on your way to Coimbra in Portugal.Today's Distance: 329 mi/ 530 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Lisbon||Enjoy an orientation tour of Coimbra, strategically situated on a hill overlooking the Mondego River. Continue to Fatima to visit the Sanctuary, a famous pilgrimage site where the Virgin Mary appeared to three shepherd children-Francisco, Jacinth, and Lucia-on May 13, 1917. On to Obidos, a fortified city still flanked by towers and bastions overlooking the countryside dotted with windmills. Overnight in Lisbon.Today's Distance: 177 mi/ 285 km (B)|
|Day 4||Lisbon||Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century 'Mistress of the Seas.' You'll see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, the impressive Black Horse Square, and other highlights on your guided city tour. Spend the afternoon at leisure in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or discover the Portuguese Riviera by joining our optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 5||Seville||Drive into the Alentejo through the countryside, famous for its cork production. Cross the border at Vila Verde into Spain and journey into Andalusia, enjoying quite different scenery as you skirt the Sierra de Aracena on your way to delightful Seville.Today's Distance: 261 mi/ 420 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Seville||Seville is one of Spain's most colorful and vibrant cities. Enjoy an included sightseeing tour with all the main highlights, including the iconic Plaza de Espana. (B)|
|Day 7||Madrid||Travel to Cordoba, Spain's most Moorish city with its Mezquita, which is rightly known as one of Islam's greatest pieces of architecture outside the Arab world. On through the very heart of La Mancha, famed for its castles and windmills, to Madrid. This evening, why not join the optional traditional tapas dinner and highlights of Madrid?Today's Distance: 342 mi/ 550 km (B)|
|Day 8||Madrid||Enjoy free time in Madrid, or join the fascinating optional trip to Toledo. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus River was made famous in El Greco's painting-even now, it's like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. Later, join the included Madrid city sightseeing. As the capital of Spain and situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards call Madrid the nearest thing to Heaven. (B)|
|Day 9||Madrid||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).