Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Europe & Beyond
From the home of Shakespeare, to the moors of Scotland and the beautiful Cornish Countryside, this really is the best of all that Britain offers.
- York: In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner and the chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dartmoor: Choose between a walk amid the rolling valleys of Dartmoor National Park or alternatively, set sail from Plymouth harbour, where the pilgrims left over 400 years ago.
- Cornwall: Owner John welcomes you to historic Heskyn Mil for a Farm-to-Table dinner. Savour a delightful meal prepared by his wife, Ann. John and Ann take pride in the restaurants friendly service and the quality of its freshly prepared West Country produce. Heskyn Mill Farm advances SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production. The farms ethos is to support local and reduce food waste. All food is sourced locally, even though this proves more expensive. A staff member grows seasonal vegetables and they have their own egg laying hens. They have relationships with the local farmers where they make sure to get the food that would otherwise struggle to be sold in order to reduce waste. Vegetables are chosen seasonally and are often picked in the morning for their guests to enjoy later the same day.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the beautiful Scottish countryside and scenery of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond before continuing through the English Lake District, over Severn Bridge and past Dartmoor and the Welsh Marshes.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- York: Walk with your Travel Director within the city walls to see the York Minster and crocked Shambles.
- Hadrians Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral.
- Stirling: Travel via the historic site of Bannockburn and view Stirling Castle.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Ludlow: Explore the narrow streets and lanes in front of the castle. Admire the medieval timber-framed buildings and Georgian mansions.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: Explore the well-preserved Roman Baths with your Travel Director. Once used for public bathing, they are now open for visitors to explore their grounds and onsite museum.
- Glastonbury: Explore the town rumored to be the resting place of legendary King Arthur and the Holy Grail, and location of one of the world's largest music festivals.
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps. Then head out to explore a quaint Cornish fishing village.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15391484
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: Welcome to London. After checking into your hotel, the afternoon is free to enjoy a city that is famous for its pomp and pageantry. Perhaps relax with a walk along the Serpentine in Hyde Park or window shop in the elegant boutiques of Knightsbridge? Alternatively, you may want to stroll along the Thames to the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.|
The Grosvenor Hotel/Amba Hotel Marble Arch, London.
|Day 2||York||London, Stratford-upon-Avon and Medieval York.: At 07:30, meet your Travel Director to begin your journey north to Stratford-upon-Avon, with its wealth of black and white timber-framed buildings. Discover how William Shakespeare and his incredible works continue to shape society today when you visit his birthplace, full of interesting memorabilia and artefacts relating to his life. Continue to historic York to stroll the narrow lanes including the Shambles and view York Minster, England's largest medieval cathedral. Later, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner and the opportunity to mingle over a pleasant evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||Hadrian's Wall to Edinburgh: See a part of Hadrian's Wall, once spanning 80 miles from coast to coast, marking the northern frontier of the mighty Roman Empire. Continue past Jedburgh Abbey en route to the Scottish capital, Edinburgh, for your two-night stay in this stunning city. (Breakfast)|
Macdonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 4||Edinburgh||Edinburgh Sightseeing: In the morning, join a Local Expert to see the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of Her Majesty the Queen, at the end of the Royal Mile. Continue past the Sir Walter Scott Monument to the 18th century New Town with its neoclassical Adam facades. Visit Edinburgh Castle, home of the Honours of Scotland, to view Mons Meg, and see the Stone of Destiny. The afternoon is at leisure. In the evening, select departures will attend the spectacular Military Tattoo - a colourful mix of pipes and drums, dance and display, set against the floodlit backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. (Breakfast)|
Macdonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 5||Glasgow||Loch Lomond to Glasgow: Drive via historic Bannockburn and Stirling and enjoy the scenery of the Trossachs. Continue along the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, before arriving in Glasgow for an orientation of the city with your Travel Director. See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral. (Breakfast)|
Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow.
|Day 6||Windermere||The Glorious Lake District: Travel via Gretna Green to the English Lake District, with scenery so beautiful it inspired a host of writers. Learn about the life of William Wordsworth and visit his grave in the picturesque, stone-built village of Grasmere. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa, Windermere.
|Day 7||Cardiff||The Welsh Marches and Cardiff: Stop in ancient Ludlow, one of England's most attractive towns, dominated by its castle, rich in tragic royal history. Why not spend time exploring the traditional open-air market, admiring the local crafts and perhaps sampling the produce? Afterwards, cross into southern Wales and head for the capital of Cardiff for an orientation of the port city, upon the River Taff. See Cardiff Castle and the impressive Principality Stadium. (Breakfast)|
Clayton Hotel, Cardiff.
|Day 8||Saltash||Georgian Bath and Cornwall: Cross the Severn Bridge back into England and drive to the Georgian City of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its curative waters have been famous since Roman times. See the 15th century Abbey Church with angels climbing Jacob's Ladder. Visit the Roman Baths to see the incredibly well-preserved remains of one of the greatest spas of the ancient world, still flowing with the natural hot water from the springs below. Continue on to Glastonbury, steeped in legend and reputed to be the final resting place of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Then head to your fabulous resort in the Cornish countryside. (Breakfast)|
St. Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
|Day 9||Saltash||The Cornish Coast Experience: In the morning, visit a quaint Cornish fishing village. Explore Dartmoor with Insight Choice. Choose between a walk and foraging experience in Dartmoor or a scenic cruise of Plymouth harbour to see the Barbican, Citadel, Plymouth Hoe and the Mayflower Steps, from where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail for America. Return via the hilly countryside of Dartmoor, home to wild ponies. Savour an unforgettable Celebration Dinner at Heskyn Mill. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for the ultimate Farm-to-Table dining experience with mouth-watering meals prepared from organic seasonal produce, freshly picked from the surrounding fields, served with a glass of wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
St. Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
|Day 10||London||Ancient Stonehenge and London.: Travel across Salisbury Plain to visit the pre-historic and mysterious Stonehenge, where the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths are reputed to be up to 5,000 years old. (Breakfast)|
The Grosvenor Hotel
|Day 11||Homeward Bound||Homeward Bound.: Your journey ends this morning. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (12 Aug, 19 Aug, 26 Aug, 23 Dec and 26 Aug) These departures attend The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Festive Highlight Dinners:(27 Dec and 23 Dec) This departure will have Christmas dinner in Edinburgh.(27 Dec and 27 Dec) This departure will have New Year's Eve dinner in Edinburgh. (27 Dec) This departure will stay at the Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel in lieu of the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel.(05 Aug and 23 Dec) These departures will stay at an alternative hotel of similar standard in York.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class