New England's Fall Foliage - Small Group, 2021
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Embark on a colourful autumnal journey through this picturesque corner of the USA and experience an Indian Summer in all its glory. Think glorious orange and red hues set against lush forests and tranquil lakes. Along the way you'll delve into Boston's transformative past as you follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail. You'll visit the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock and capture the Silver Cascade waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington. Drive along the famous Ocean Drive in Kennebunkport and see the fabulous homes of the rich and famous, all while staying at the best addresses yourself.
- Boston: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests at your hotel.
- Stowe: At your Highlight Dinner, taste the product of artisan brewers with Austrian-style lagers.
- Portland: In the evening, enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner featuring Maine lobster with your fellow travellers.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- North Conway: With an expert naturalist, learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods.
- Boston: Follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- Stockbridge: Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, a wonderful snapshot of Americana, built to showcase the amazing artwork produced during his long career.
- Weston: Step into history with a visit to the Vermont Country Store where you'll find a nostalgic assortment of products.
- Woodstock: Explore one of the finest operating dairy farms in America and also a museum of Vermont's rural past at the Billings Farm and Museum.
- Waterbury: Experience a guided tour of the Ben and Jerry's Factory, where you will learn from Caring Dairy Farmers about the sustainable farming practices that goes into their ice cream production.
- Montpelier: You'll travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, where maple syrup is "tapped" from the trees. Taste a Vermont tradition, the unusually named 'sugar on snow', which is maple syrup drizzled over packed snow. This tasty treat is traditionally served with a doughnut and pickle.
- Franconia Notch: Take a scenic ride on the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain Resort (weather permitting). On a clear day, you'll have superb panoramic views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada.
- Kancamagus: Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. This spectacular section of Route 112 is unspoiled by industry and boasts 34.5 miles of untouched natural beauty.
- Bretton Woods: Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres).
- North Conway: Enjoy a scenic hike to Diana's Baths, which is a series of small cascading waterfalls.
- Portland: This morning visit the iconic Portland Head Light on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15392748
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Welcome to Boston.: Affectionately known as Beantown, this revolutionary city is one of the oldest in the United States. On arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, a transfer will take you to your centrally-located hotel, which is situated next to Boston Common, the city's largest park. After settling in, perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall. For those looking to shop, Quincy Market offers big brands and local products, set indoors and surrounding the columns of a regal 19th century building. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests at your hotel. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 2||Williamstown||Beantown to Williamstown.: Today you'll discover some of Boston's most famous sights as you delve into the city's transformative past. You'll follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings the story of the American Revolution to life. Sights include Beacon Hill, Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Old South Meeting House. Enjoy the warm, colourful scenery as you travel west to Stockbridge for a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum, home to the largest and most significant collection of original Rockwell art. Travel on through the rolling hills of the Berkshires to your boutique hotel. Tucked away in the heart of Williamstown, this beautiful property is a prime example of timeless elegance. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Orchards Hotel, Williamstown.
|Day 3||Stowe||The Legends of the Fall and Stowe.: Say goodbye to Massachusetts and journey through the bronze fall foliage of Vermont. Visit the Vermont Country Store for a unique shopping experience - you'll step back into history with their nostalgic assortment of products. Explore the Rockefellers' renowned Billings Farm and Museum, a captivating working dairy and farm life museum, before a stop in the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock with its picturesque covered bridge. End your day in the northern Vermont town of Stowe, home to the breathtaking alpine setting that attracted the real Von Trapp family of 'The Sound of Music' fame in the late 1940s. You'll stay at the family's Austrian-style lodge, where you'll enjoy craft lagers during your Highlight Dinner at Bierhall Restaurant, followed by a tour of the on-site microbrewery. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe.
|Day 4||A Taste of Vermont||A Taste of Vermont.: Enjoy Vermont's beautiful scenery ablaze with fall's golden red colours. Experience a guided tour of the Ben and Jerry's Factory and get behind the scenes of their iconic flavours. Return to the enchanting town of Stowe where the rest of the day is yours. From wandering its quaint streets to hiking in the woods or relaxing back at your lodge, make the most of your last evening at this mountain resort. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||North Conway||North Conway and the White Mountains.: Move on to Vermont's pretty capital, Montpelier. You'll travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, where maple syrup is "tapped" from the trees. Taste a Vermont tradition, the unusually named 'sugar on snow', which is maple syrup drizzled over packed snow. This tasty treat is traditionally served with a doughnut and pickle. Journey to New Hampshire's White Mountains and enter striking Franconia Notch. Take a scenic ride on the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain Resort (weather permitting). On a clear day, you'll have superb panoramic views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada. Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. This spectacular section of Route 112 is unspoiled by industry and boasts 34.5 miles of untouched natural beauty. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
White Mountain Hotel and Resort, North Conway.
|Day 6||White Mountains||Sightseeing in the White Mountains.: In the morning, enjoy an insightful talk by a naturalist on the North Woods' wildlife and ecology. Expert Chris Lewey is the Executive Director and Founder of Raven Interpretive Programs. He holds a Master's Degree in Environmental Studies and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Then, more spectacular fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch, an arresting pass through the White Mountains. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres). Your Travel Director will guide you on a scenic hike to Diana's Baths, which is a series of small cascading waterfalls. Return to your hotel where you can enjoy an evening at leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Portland||The Rugged Maine Coast.: Cross from New Hampshire into Maine this morning visiting the jagged coastline and Portland Head Light on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park. This popular landmark is one of the most visited lighthouses in the country and is the oldest lighthouse in the state. Visit the historic town of Cape Elizabeth, and spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure. In the evening, enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner featuring Maine lobster with your fellow travellers. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Westin Portland Harborview.
|Day 8||Boston||Back to Boston.: Known for its sandy beaches, Kennebunkport is a year-round coastal destination that houses the rich and famous, even serving as the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Travel along Ocean Drive with more stunning views of the Maine coastline, before driving back to Boston. Guests departing Boston will arrive at Boston Logan International Airport at 12:30. Those extending their stay will return to the Hyatt Regency Boston hotel. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class