Journey through a crossroads of civilizations in Sicily and on to the spectacular coastlines of Southern Italy. Uncover Sicily's capital Palermo and its Moorish and Norman influences. Explore Agrigento's ancient Valley of the Temples. Travel to the historic hilltop town of Taormina. Visit a local winery for a wine tasting and agriturismo dinner. Venture to the ancient cave dwellings of Sassi di Matera. Discover spectacular Mt. Etna Volcano National Park. Explore the stunning Amalfi Coast and Sorrento. Walk in the footsteps of ancient Romans in the excavated Pompeii. Allow the unique culture to capture your heart and get a glimpse into an age-old heritage composed of ancient monuments and cultivated lands.
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15487908
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 12 Days
|Day 3||Palermo||Palermo: Get to know 'Palermo in a Nutshell' and discover the city's Moorish, Norman, and Spanish architecture on a walking tour. Explore the Kalsa district - home to Mafia legends and lush gardens - before tasting local snacks at a 19th-century eatery. Decide how you spend your afternoon because it's your choice! Embark on a walking tour of the historic city center and visit La Martorana church, Fontana Pretoria, and more -OR- tour the Teatro Massimo Opera House, the third largest in Europe and seen in The Godfather Part III.|
|Day 4||Palermo||Palermo - Optional Excursion: The entire day is yours! Perhaps you'll peruse the open-air markets, shop in cozy boutiques, or relax in an outdoor cafe. Or perhaps you will join an optional excursion to medieval Cefalu (UNESCO) with a local guide before visiting a nearby farm for a ricotta cheese* demonstration and farm-to-table meal, made with family recipes.|
|Day 5||Palermo||Palermo - Monreale - Agrigento - Valley of the Temples: Visit the nearby town of Monreale (UNESCO) and wander along the paintings, mosaics, and cloisters of its 12th-century cathedral. Travel over rolling hills and peaceful farmland to the town of Agrigento. As the sun begins to set, explore the stunning Valley of the Temples (UNESCO), one of the world's most esteemed archeological sites, and get an up-close view of the temples of Juno, Concordia, and Hercules.|
|Day 6||Agrigento||Agrigento - Mt. Etna - Giardini Naxos: Journey east to Sicily's Ionian Coast. En route, discover the impressive Mt. Etna (UNESCO) Volcano National Park where a local expert introduces you to the park's spectacular landscapes sculpted by nature. Later this afternoon, continue on to Giardini Naxos - the 'garden of Sicily' - for your 2-night stay.|
|Day 8||Giardini Naxos||Giardini Naxos - Matera: Take a short ferry ride to Villa San Giovanni, located on Italy's mainland. Pass through the unspoiled region of Calabria to the Basilicata region. Wander through the twisting vines of a local winery before joining an expert for a tour of the cellar with a tasting. Linger over regional cuisine at dinner in the winery's restaurant.|
- Hellenia Yachting Hotel Giardini Naxos, Italy
- Towers Hotel Castellamare di Stabia, Italy
- MH Matera Hotel Matera, Italy
- Hotel Michelangelo Sorrento, Italy
- Donna Laura Palace Hotel Rome, Italy
- Hotel Degli Aranci Rome, Italy
- Hotel Federico II Central Palace Palermo, Italy
- Hotel Garibaldi Palermo, Italy
- Baia di Ulisse Agrigento, Italy
- Shangri-la Hotel Rome, Italy
- Hotel Diamond Giardini Naxos (Me), Italy
- * NOTE:Tour prices are land only rates based on per person, double occupancy. Some dates may feature various changes in hotels, sightseeing and inclusions. Please confirm your specific itinerary at the time of booking. Government taxes and fees are additional. Land rates are guaranteed at time of deposit. Certain taxes and fees are to be paid upon exiting the country in local currencies.
Airfare is additional and is available through Collette Vacations.