2022: Greece & Aegean Islands Cruise (6660)
15 Day Tour from Athens to Athens
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544693
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||ATHENS, GREECE||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring the Greek capital.|
|Day 2||Athens||A day to relax and do just as you please. Our suggestion: join an optional day cruise to the islands of Aegina, Hydra, and Poros. In the evening, free time to enjoy the lively atmosphere of the tavernas and nightclubs in the old Plaka district with its narrow streets and sound of bouzouki music. (B)|
|Day 3||ATHENS-CORINTH-NAUPLIA||Join the included guided tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of this ancient capital and a visit to the Acropolis. Cross the Corinth canal, a project conceived in ancient Greece but only completed in 1893, then head for the coast to Nauplia.Today's Distance: 90 mi/ 145 km (B)|
|Day 4||NAUPLIA-EPIDAURUS-MYCENAE-SPARTA||This morning, stop in Epidaurus. Visit the the open-air theater, which can still seat 14,000 spectators, then enjoy the included guided excursion to the archaeological site and museum of Mycenae, a city fortress cursed by the gods but rich in gold and warrior kings. Travel into the Peloponnese to Sparta.Today's Distance: 134 mi/ 215 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Sparta-Mystra-Olympia||Enjoy the included sightseeing of the medieval Byzantine citadel of Mystra, at one time known as the 'Florence of the East.' Stop to visit an olive oil museum, then continue to Olympia.Today's Distance: 130 mi/ 210 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||OLYMPIA-PATRAS-DELPHI||Explore Olympia, where the athletes of antiquity performed in honor of the king of deities. Spend free time in this pretty town, or learn more about the history of the Olympic Games on the optional sightseeing tour. Later, drive north toward Patras, the capital of the Peloponnese and the west coast's largest port. Then, head through picturesque fishing villages along the south coast of the mainland to mystical Delphi, crossing the spectacular Rion-Antirion bridge.Today's Distance: 155 mi/ 250 km (B)|
|Day 7||DELPHI-KALAMBAKA||Enjoy free time in town or optional morning sightseeing of the archaeological site of Delphi. On to Kalambaka.Today's Distance: 165 mi/ 265 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||KALAMBAKA-METEORA-ATHENS||Discover Meteora, a cluster of Christian-Orthodox monasteries perched in an unforgettable manner on a set of rising rock formations. Your included visit is certainly the day's highlight. Continue south to Athens.Today's Distance: 224 mi/ 360 km (B)|
|Day 9||Athens||Spend a full day at leisure to explore the unseen parts of the city. Tonight, enjoy an optional Greek dinner. (B)|
|Day 10||ATHENS-PIRAEUS (EMBARKATION)-MYKONOS||Early morning embarkation and afternoon cruising in the Aegean. Arrive this evening in Mykonos, a granite island and the most typical of the Cyclades. Its white and blue houses, windmills, and chapels seem to make the island's light even more translucent. Spend some time visiting a taverna or just wandering around the town, enjoying its timeless beauty. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||KUSADASI, TURKEY & PATMOS, GREECE||Two ports of call await today. First, Kusadasi on the Turkish coast for an included morning excursion to the fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations of Ephesus. Next, discover the tiny Greek island of Patmos, where St. John the Divine wrote Revelation. The 11th-century monastery with its valuable manuscript collection is well worth a visit. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Rhodes||Dock in Rhodes, largest of the Dodecanese Islands and site of the Colossus of Rhodes, a 105-foot statue destroyed by an earthquake in 224 BC. Explore the sites in the historic Old City with its ramparts and palaces built by the Knights of St. John during the Crusades. Another possibility: join an included excursion to Lindos and the Citadel of the Knights. If sightseeing is not your preference, Rhodes' sun-drenched beaches and colorful shopping districts are within easy walking distance of the port. Depart from Rhodes around dinner time. (B,L,D)|
|Day 13||Crete & Santorini||Spend the morning in Heraklion on the island of Crete. A few miles away is Knossos, the center of the 3000-BC Minoan civilization; an optional excursion can be booked. Next port of call (weather permitting) is Santorini, the 'Black Pearl of the Aegean.' The optional shore excursion here takes you up to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||PIRAEUS (DISEMBARKATION)-ATHENS||Early morning arrival in Piraeus; disembark and drive to Athens. Time to relax, visit a museum, or to do some last-minute shopping. (B)|
|Day 15||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Port taxes $169 & Gratuities $40 to service personnel on board the ship are not included but are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).