This Scenic Switzerland by Train tour is the perfect way to see Switzerland's breathtaking mountains, charming mountain resorts, fascinating old towns, and beautiful lakes-all while you relax in first-class aboard Switzerland's famous trains. You'll overnight in Zurich, Lucerne, Lausanne, Zermatt, and St. Moritz. One of the highlights of this Switzerland train tour is the train journey aboard the Glacier Express from Zermatt, a picturesque cluster of rustic chalets beneath the majestic Matterhorn, to glitzy St. Moritz, one of the world's most famous resorts. From your carriage windows, marvel at the thundering waterfalls, impressive snow-capped peaks, glacial ice fields, lush meadows, and picture-perfect villages. Another highlight of this Switzerland train tour is the journey aboard the Bernina Express from ST. MORITZ to Tirano, Italy. Traveling on the highest railway across the Alps, you'll witness glistening glaciers, stunning mountain streams, and alpine scenery, and you'll travel through tunnels and over bridges that are engineering masterpieces! But that's not all?in Zermatt you'll also experience the Gornergrat open-air cog railway, Europe's highest. You'll journey over remarkable bridges, through tunnels, and past rocky ravines and beautiful lakes. The views of the Matterhorn from the top are nothing short of spectacular! Other train journeys you'll experience on this tour through Switzerland are the Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreux, situated on the shores of Lake Geneva and known as the 'Swiss Riviera.' You'll feel like you are immersed in the landscapes passing you by.Stunning scenery and thrilling train rides?there's no better way to see scenic Switzerland! So grab your camera and get ready for an amazing, value-minded vacation!
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544788
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Zurich with the help of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Lucerne||Board the train for your journey from Zurich to Lucerne. Lucerne is one of Switzerland's most idyllic medieval cities, surrounded by a beautiful lake and nestled amidst snowcapped Alps. The rest of the day is at leisure to discover the delights of this charming city such as the famous wooden bridge or the picturesque town centre. Alternatively, sign up for an optional excursion.Today's Distance: 37 mi/ 60 km (B)|
|Day 3||Lausanne||Depart Lucerne on the Lucerne-Interlaken Express. Cross Brunig Pass en route to Interlaken, and spend some time strolling through the quaint streets. From Interlaken, take the BLS RegioExpress train to Zweisimmen. Continue on the GoldenPass panoramic train for your unforgettable journey to Montreux, then continue to Lausanne.Today's Distance: 155 mi/ 250 km (B)|
|Day 4||LAUSANNE-MONTREUX-TASCH-ZERMATT||Depart for the delightful Swiss mountain resort of Zermatt. En route, stop to visit the town of Montreux, situated on the shores of Lake Geneva and surrounded by vineyards and against the breathtaking backdrop of snow-covered Alps. Enjoy some free time or maybe join an optional guided excursion to Chillon Castle before continuing by train to Zermatt.Today's Distance: 109 mi/ 175 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Zermatt||An included excursion takes you to the famous Gornergrat, traveling on board Europe's highest rack railway. The views of the Matterhorn from its summit are spectacular. The rest of the day is at leisure in Zermatt-with a variety of interesting shops, cafes, bars, and picturesque streets to explore. (B)|
|Day 6||St. Moritz||The train journey today aboard the spectacular Glacier Express is without a doubt one of the main highlights of the tour. Enjoy unforgettable views as you make your way through the unspoiled natural beauty of the Alps on the direct route from Zermatt to the world-famous mountain resort of St. Moritz. This picture-perfect town is more than just a holiday resort. It was also the birthplace of Alpine winter tourism (in 1864) and has twice hosted the Winter Olympics. Stretch your legs this evening, and admire the beautiful chalets decorated with colorful geraniums.Today's Distance: 174 mi/ 280 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||MORITZ BERNINA EXPRESS EXCURSION TO TIRANO||Take the Bernina Express train (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to Tirano and back for one of Europe's most spectacular and breathtaking train rides. Travel across the lofty Bernina Pass via the Swiss Poschiavo area to Tirano in the Italian Valtellina, witnessing an array of beautiful mountain streams, glaciers, and alpine scenery along the way. Today's Distance: 75 mi/ 120 km (B)|
|Day 8||ST. MORITZ-ZURICH||Leave St. Moritz for the journey back to Zurich. Enjoy some time at leisure in Zurich. Take a stroll around the city center and indulge in some chocolate tasting, or follow the course of the river Limmat until it reaches the banks of Lake Zurich.Today's Distance: 137 mi/ 220 km (B)|
|Day 9||Zurich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).