Country Roads of Andalucia - Classic Group, 2022
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain: Preview 2022
"I think traveling is the greatest gift you can give yourself and others. Traveling opens your eyes, enriches your life and makes you more tolerant of other cultures and customs." - Debra, Travel Director
- Jerez: Explore Jerez's heritage of Sherry, the city's most famous and sought-after export on a tasting tour in the Old Town.
- Malaga: Get to know your fellow travellers over a Welcome Dinner with wine at a local restaurant.
- Ronda: Visit a sustainable farm and enjoy a tasting of award-wining olive oil followed by a Farm-to-Table lunch, made from fresh produce harvested from the home garden.
- Seville: Enjoy an enthralling dinner tapas tour at Lonja Del Barranco market.
- Malaga: Celebrate the end of your Andalucian adventures and newfound friends, at a Celebration Dinner served in a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Seville: Choose between a visit to the cathedral and a walk through the old Jewish quarter with a Local Expert or alternatively, join a panoramic tour of the city and stop for a refreshing beverage.
- Malaga: Choose to visit a local market with a Local Expert for a culinary discovery or alternatively, join an art walking tour and visit the house where Pablo Picasso spent his early years.
- Donana National Park: Embark on a fascinating bird-watching tour with a naturalist guide, for a chance to see rare species and unique landscapes.
- Seville: The Cristina Heeren Foundation aims to promote the teaching and conservation of flamenco and is a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Meet the students of the foundation, learn some basic flamenco steps, and then feel the passion as the students perform an emotional show.The Cristina Heeren Foundation advances SDG 4: Quality Education. The school enables students access to cultural education that otherwise may not have occurred. TreadRights sponsorship has helped students to complete their studies in advanced guitar, singing and dance. The Foundation also advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. As students complete their training, they will carry on and safeguard the traditional flamenco dance, contributing to the protection of Andalusia and Spain's cultural heritage.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel through the mountains and forests of Grazalema National Park.
- Malaga: Enjoy a city orientation with your Travel Director and seethe Alcazaba, a hallmark of the city's Moorish past, and the Roman Theatre which sits by the entrance.
- Ronda: See Puente Neuvo, the New Bridge, and Alameda del Tajo park on your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Arcos de la Frontera : Explore one of Spain's finest white-washed villages on an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Jerez: See the 12th century Moorish Alcazar, stately Plaza del Arenal and romantic Plaza de la Yebra on your orientation with your Travel Director.
- Cadiz: See the cathedral, Teatro Romano, the monumental Puerta de Tierra and enjoy a walk along Paseo Maritimo.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545672
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Andalucia||Welcome to Andalucia: Transfers to your hotel depart from Malaga airport at 11:30, 13:00 and 15:00. Malaga is the cultural gateway to Andalucia with its sleek port and the street-art-cloaked streets of its edgy Soho district. At 17:30, join your Travel Director for an orientation of Malaga. See the Alcazaba, a hallmark of the city's Moorish past. This citadel dates back to the 11th century, and the Roman Theatre sits by the entrance. Your Welcome Dinner is served at a local restaurant, with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||The Soul of Andalucia||The Soul of Andalucia: Journey through Malaga province. Relax as you travel the scenic route along the Costa del Sol through exclusive resorts where the rich and famous holiday. Your journey continues through the green hills to the white-washed village of Mijas. Stroll through the old streets and gardens and take in the views of the coast.Stop in LA Organic, a sustainable and gastronomic olive farm offering a unique experience.Enjoy the refined and delicate flavours of this award-winning olive oil. Then head to the terrace where lunch is served. Taste the freshest harvest from the home garden over a Farm-to-Table lunch, as you take in the glorious views of the valley.Arrive in Ronda, often referred to as 'the soul of Andalucia'. Once an important cultural centre filled with mosques and palaces, it has inspired many poets and writers, including Ernest Hemingway and Orson Welles. Walk just a few steps from your perfectly located hotel through Puente Nuevo, the New Bridge, which spans a gorge over 300 feet deep, and see Alameda del Tajo park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Parador de Ronda.
|Day 3||Jerez||Through National Parks to Jerez: Cross the Grazalema National Park, an area of natural beauty scattered with mountains and oak forests. Stop in clifftop Arcos de la Frontera, Andalucia's hidden gem. The mystery that resides within the high city walls and huge churches scattered around the city often intrigues the visitor. Spend time wandering through the serene alleyways and alongside elegant palaces, and appreciate the sheer cliff plunging views from the parador. Continue on to Jerez-de-la-Frontera, your home for the next three nights. Learn more about Jerez in an orientation and see this city that is a bit of an underdog compared to its more famous neighbours. See the impressive 12th century Moorish Alcazar, stately Plaza del Arenal and romantic Plaza de la Yebra. (Breakfast)|
Tryp Jerez Hotel.
|Day 4||Jerez||Sherry in Jerez: Celebrate Jerez's fame for Sherry. Explore Jerez's heritage of Sherry, the city's most famous and sought-after export, on a tasting tour in the Old Town. The rest of the day is free to further explore, perhaps visit the gypsy-flamenco neighbourhood of Santiago, a labyrinth of beautifully scruffy townhouses and attractive squares? (Breakfast)|
Tryp Jerez Hotel.
|Day 5||Cadiz||Exploring Cadiz: Today is dedicated to exploring the province of Cadiz. Stop in quiet Medina Sidonia, often overlooked by visitors. It was once the seat of the Duques de Medina Sidonia, one of Spain's most powerful families. Make sure to try Alfajores, the area's famous honey and almond cakes made in the Arab tradition. Continue to seaside Cadiz. Founded as Gadir by the Phoenicians circa 1100 BC, it is generally considered to be the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in Europe. See the cathedral, Teatro Romano and the monumental Puerta de Tierra. Watch the Atlantic waves crash against eroded sea walls, as you walk along Paseo Maritimo. During free time, find out what makes Cadiz a leading gastronomic capital and make sure to try fried up fresh fish and seafood. Return to your hotel for an evening at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Tryp Jerez Hotel.
|Day 6||Seville||Seville, The City of Carmen: A short drive north takes you to Seville. Explore Seville with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to Seville's Cathedral, the final resting place of Christopher Columbus and continue your exploration on a walking tour of the old Jewish Quarter or alternatively, join a scenic drive around the city and a short walk through the narrow lanes of the Old Town, to enjoy a refreshing beverage. Visit the Cristina Heeren Foundation, a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. This private dance school is dedicated to promoting the conservation of flamenco and supports young enthusiasts from all over the world with a special focus on new talent from the Andalusian region. Feel the passion behind the choreography as you put your rhythm to the test during a dance lesson before witnessing emotions come to life in a flamenco performance. Head to the nearby market for an enthralling dinner tapas tour. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ayre Hotel Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 7||Donana National Park||Donana National Park: Nearby UNESCO World Heritage Site Donana National Park, home to a unique ecosystem, is considered one of the most important natural protected areas in Europe. A key crossroads for migratory bird routes between Africa and Europe, it is also the last refuge for many endangered species, such as the Spanish imperial eagle. A vast spectacle awaits, as sand dunes meet marshes, lagoons, pine and oak forests. Embark on a fascinating bird-watching tour with a naturalist guide, for a chance to see rare species and unique landscapes. Return to Seville, where the rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Ayre Hotel Sevilla, Seville.
|Day 8||Malaga||Malaga: Bid farewell to Seville as you return to Malaga, the thriving capital of the Costa del Sol. Explore Malaga with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to the local market with your Local Expert for a culinary discovery of the best specialities in Andalucia, or alternatively, join an art walking tour and visit the house where Pablo Picasso spent his early years. Spend the rest of the day exploring Malaga at your leisure, for last minute souvenirs. This evening, celebrate the end of your Andalucian adventures and newfound friends, at a Celebration Dinner served in a local restaurant. Buen provecho! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
AC Hotel Malaga Palacio.
|Day 9||Malaga||Farewell Malaga: Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Malaga airport at 07:00 and 10:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Notes: This is a 2022 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class