Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2021
A roundtrip from Dublin featuring all the Ireland highlights including Waterford's crystal, your newfound 'gift of the gab' at Blarney Castle and the irresistible Ring of Kerry. You'll also learn about the devastating Irish famine and peer over the edge at the Cliffs of Moher.
- Explore Dublin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- Visit Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- View King John's Castle in Limerick
- See St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, the Cathedral of Galway and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon Estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546743
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dublin||Welcome to Dublin: Tread in the footsteps of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, through the lyrical streets of Dublin - your launch pad to a memorable encounter with Ireland's iconic highlights. After a leisurely morning, meet a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour with views of Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Indulge in a little Irish craic this evening, joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.|
|Day 2||Galway and Limerick||Onwards to Galway and Limerick: We journey to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see its stone cathedral on the banks of the Corrib and spend some free time exploring its colourful facades. Irish traditions and heritage are explored next, during a visit to Bunratty Castle and its Folk Park, a living history museum that reveals insights into life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Continue on to Limerick, for an orientation tour to view the 13th-century King John's Castle overlooking the Shannon.|
|Day 3||Killarney||Experience the Iconic Cliffs of Moher and on to Killarney: We leave Limerick and stop at the spectacular Cliffs of Moher to visit the 'Atlantic Edge' exhibition. After a scenic drive, we take a short ferry journey across the Shannon estuary. Our home for the next two nights is the colourful little town of Killarney.|
|Day 4||A Scenic Day on the Ring of Kerry||A Scenic Day on the Ring of Kerry: Circle the spectacular Ring of Kerry - its emerald green hills, centuries-old stone villages and vivid blue seascapes provide a soul-stirring backdrop for our leisurely drive around a beautiful coastline that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the coastal village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, renowned for being the last place in Ireland without electricity and telephone networks.|
|Day 5||Explore Blarney and Journey to Waterford||Explore Blarney and Journey to Waterford: Cross the rugged Kerry Mountains and travel to Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Waterford, where we will have dinner at our hotel.|
|Day 6||Dublin||Through County Wicklow's Countryside to Dublin: Dive Into Culture and witness the centuries-old tradition of crafting fine glass at the House of Waterford Crystal. Here we will watch the talented master craftsmen in their workshop creating exquisite pieces. Our next stop is in the town of New Ross, where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy who travelled to his ancestral family hometown in 1963. We'll visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and Dive Into Culture yet again, gaining insights into the tragic plight of the Irish emigrants who fled the potato famine during the 1800s. Continuing through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow, we journey to Dublin stopping en route at Ballyknocken Farmhouse. We'll Connect With Locals over a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner and meet the Fulvio family.|
Clayton Dublin Airport
|Day 7||Ireland||Farewell Ireland: For now, it's time to say a fond slan abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class