Best of Greece with 3-Day Aegean Cruise Moderate B
Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2023 v2
Consider extending your holiday beyond The Best of Greece. Set your sights on the Cyclades and cruise to the idyllic Greek Islands of Mykonos and Santorini.
- Explore Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth, ancient Ephesus and Heraklion with a Local Specialist
- Visit the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the ancient ruins in Corinth, the ancient theatre at Epidaurus, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, and the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora, Mykonos, ancient Ephesus, Patmos, Crete and Santorini
- View the Parthenon, Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus and the battle site at Thermopylae
- See the Corinth Canal, the Lion Gate and Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae
- Athens: Visit the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities giving visitors an insight into the lives of Athenians centuries ago.
- Athens: Delve into Athens with a Local Specialist. See the iconic highlights of this ancient city, from the Acropolis to the site of the first modern Olympics.
- Corinth: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Join a Local Specialist and gain insight into Corinth's eventful past.
- Archaeological site of Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal beehive-tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, while hearing tales of Agamemnon from your Local Specialist.
- Archaeological Site of Olympia: Join a Local Specialist to view the stadium of Olympia which hosted the ancient Olympic Games and Heraia, the women's games in honour of Hera. See the Temple of Zeus, athlete's gymnasium and the stone marker where the sprint began.
- Delphi: With your Local Specialist, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where people once sought divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Thermopylae: See the Leonidas Monument dedicated to the brave warrior and his 300 Spartans.
- Meteora: With a Local Specialist, visit two of the remarkable centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world's finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Specialist, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Mykonos: View the Windmills of Kato Mili and wander the beautiful blue and white streets of Chora.
- Heraklion: While in Crete, enjoy your guided visit to the Palace of Minos at Knossos.
- Olympia: Say opa! to an Olympic Be My Guest experience with the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm, followed by a traditional dinner and dancing.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Three-night Aegean Cruise
Call 1 -866-934-6292 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973666
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens: Put the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 2||Athens||Explore Amazing Athens Dive Into Culture: Join your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation'. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures and admire the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus and the Agora, once the haunt of Socrates and Plato. Dive Into Culture and see remarkable displays of an ancient world during an included visit to the Acropolis Museum, and see Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy on your own. Stroll through the Plaka, people-watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki - the choice is yours.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 3||Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion||Journey to Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplion: We depart Athens this morning, crossing the mighty Corinth Canal to the wild Peloponnesian Peninsula. Arriving in Corinth, we join a Local Specialist to explore an ancient city that several empires fought over throughout the centuries. We continue to Mycenae, a mighty kingdom of Ancient Greece, where we'll see the Beehive Tombs (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace, in the company of a Local Specialist. Later, we'll travel to Epidaurus to visit the ancient theatre and view the Sanctuary of Asclepius, the God of Medicine, whose snake-entwined staff remains the symbol of medicine to this day. Arriving in the Venetian town of Nafplion later, we'll dine in our hotel this evening.|
|Day 4||Olympia||Continue to Ancient Olympia Connect with Locals: We traverse the Mountains of Arcadia to ancient Olympia, the site of the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC. This evening, we Connect With Locals joining the Karambellas family for dinner on their olive and wine farm at a Be My Guest experience featuring traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.|
|Day 5||Patras and Delphi||Onwards to Patras and Delphi: We join a Local Specialist this morning to delve into centuries of history. We'll visit the ancient Olympic site, the museum and the ruined remains of the Temples of Zeus and Hera. Leaving Olympia, we skirt the coastline north to Patras, crossing the Gulf of Corinth to mainland Greece before continuing to Delphi, our home for the night.|
|Day 6||Thermopylae and Kalambaka||Off to Thermopylae and Kalambaka: Tread in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks, who would descend on the sanctuary of Delphi to consult with the most important oracle in the classical world. Join your Local Specialist and walk the Sacred Way to the 4th-century Temple of Apollo. View the statues immortalising the strength of the athletes who once competed in the Pythian Games, held in honour of Apollo and the Arts. A scenic afternoon drive brings us to Thermopylae, famous for the heroic defence by Leonidas and his brave Spartans against the invading Persians. We cross the lush Thessaly region, the 'breadbasket of Greece', then travel over the Pourmaraki Pass towards Kalambaka.|
|Day 7||Athens||Admire Meteora and Return to Athens: The UNESCO World Heritage monasteries of Meteora are our first stop today. Join a Local Specialist to visit two of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries that cling impressively to immense, rounded rock towers overlooking the town. A scenic drive returns us to Athens, where we'll enjoy a rousing Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and reminisce over an incredible journey through Greece.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 8||Mykonos||Embark and Cruise to Stunning Mykonos: We leave the bustling city streets of Athens and cruise to Mykonos, where the Windmills of Kato Mili extend a warm evening welcome as they have to arriving seafarers for centuries. You'll have the evening free to explore the winding lanes of Chora, strolling past whitewashed cottages and tumbling cerise bougainvillea as you admire the pretty boutiques, then follow your nose to the best seafood in town. As the sun sets over Mykonos, there's no better place for cocktails than Little Venice.|
|Day 9||Ephesus and Patmos||Continue to Ancient Ephesus and Patmos: Visit the Turkish shores of Kusadasi for a complimentary Shore Experience to ancient Ephesus. We continue to Patmos, the site where the Book of Revelation was written by St. John. Here, you could choose to see the Cave of the Apocalypse and St. John's Monastery as an Optional Experience.|
|Day 10||Santorini||Cruise to Crete and on to Santorini: Europe's oldest city takes centre stage this morning as you explore Crete's ancient Minoan culture and heritage at the Palace of Knossos on your complimentary Shore Experience to Heraklion. Admire its bright wall paintings that were restored at the turn of the 20th century and explore centuries of history that predate Christ. Continue to Santorini, watching as this Cycladic island comes closer on the horizon, rising out of the Aegean with its distinctive cliff-top towns. You could consider an optional Shore Experience this afternoon, passing villages and vineyards bound for Oia with its white buildings and blue-domed churches which vie for the best views over the caldera.|
|Day 11||Athens||Disembark in Athens: This morning, disembark from your cruise ship and board a transfer to your hotel.|
Divani Palace Acropolis
|Day 12||Journey Home||Journey Home: Transfers are provided to the airport for your return flight home. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class